1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You may want to contact Ira at Bigbore.com. I don't have an email address but you should be able to find it on the site? Ira deals primarily with DD stuff and the M3 parts are something he comes across from time to time. Lots of the guns are registered in the US and there are breech rings and stuff out there. Building up a shooter is a great idea and the guns are great fun to shoot. They're a bit heavy compared to the Bofors 37 but they are great guns.

Frank
Frank, I’ve tried contacting Ira at Big Bore without any luck. Do you have any contact info? I might not have the correct site. Thanks, Anthony

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice project for the young man. I worked on one for a museum that was fairly complete but rusted up. Got it to be fairly functional but not firing,. not allowed to do it. Does he have a copy of TM 9-1245 (1943)? It is the Army Technical Manual on Ordnance Maintenance for 37-mm Antitank Guns M3 and M3A1, and Carriages M4 and M4A1 dated 6 February 1943.
I ordered my photocopy ten years ago from Military Info Publishing Home Page ,telephone #1-763-533-8627. Item no. 3521 on the manual. If he doesn't have a copy and can't order one I can copy mine and send it to you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, we found a free copy online of the manual. It's was a great help when we first started the project. The traversing mechanism would not rotate at all. With the manuals help, we completely disassembled it and found the issue. It works great now!

Thanks, Anthony

21 - 24 of 24 Posts