1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa brought me a 3D plastic printer, and I'm looking around at all the various crap I can print off, and all the gun related stuff seems to be wink-wink-nudge nudge. It's funny (and a bit sad) to think of gun stuff being "in the closet" so to speak. Anyway, any good resources out there I should be aware of?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Uh, on that item pictured above, I have heard that there are shops where you can purchase the inflatable versions.... :tongue:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Wondering how?....

Uh, on that item pictured above, I have heard that there are shops where you can purchase the inflatable versions.... :tongue:
Wondering how/why Lucky and BFF know these things????

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Wondering how/why Lucky and BFF know these things????
From our conversations with you, of course! :tongue:

And by the way, Starvingboy, I am looking at a project for the metal printing technology, which as yet is still developing, as I understand. Can't think of many things I want in plastic at this point. But this is a growing technology and I am sure there is lots of info out there. I have a local acquaintance who is into this. He has created some of his own machinery, modified from existing hardware. If no one here has any references, I can see if he can refer something.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boy did this go off the rails.:rolleyes:
Right now I'm working on a Estes rocket that will fit the LAW tube, that should be a hoot to test in the back yard. Combine that type thinking as well as reloading for the 40mm M203, and this could be a fun toy :D

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Updates and pictures

Would you post some pictures and updates as you make progress? Custom rockets seems like a fun starting point, of course you are going to scare the liberals. But who cares?

Another suggestion might be a few hollow based bullets that you can add weight to, something like a sabot. No wonder the liberals are already advocating control over sales of 3-D printers. Lots of ideas of what to make, even out of plastic.

·
Registered
277 Posts
did you see the hand

there was a boy that lost his hand and they made him one on a 3D printer the fingers work for him and all one thing for sure you could do prototypes with it the actuall have them machined from the prototype after it is perfected.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts