1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Gates will open at 2pm for general attendees, with live fire activities throughout the afternoon. Facility includes 700m PRS-style range with steel, barricades and shooting structures, along with a large open 300m quarry area with a wide shooting line. There are also multiple short bays. Click here for facility details.

A food truck will be visiting in the evening for purchase on your own, and please bring water/snacks to sustain yourself.

Both white- and no-light opportunities will be available, along with one of the widest inventories of weapon-mounted lasers and NIR illumination devices to try out.

Live fire after sunset (5pm) will have to be suppressed-only, along with some unsuppressed pistol opportunities in the smaller bays.

While night vision equipment is encouraged and available for demonstration, all shooting enthusiasts are welcomed to participate and will find opportunities to try new things.

Participant background is not a prerequisite for attendance. The shoot is happy to host US citizens, veterans and law enforcement personnel alike, as long as the attendees are not prohibited from possessing firearms. Minors are permitted with their guardians.

During the event, the range officers may provide suggestions to shooters, but this is not a training event or sanctioned match. Many attendees leave with much more knowledge and familiarity with night vision and low light shooting, but no certifications or qualifications are offered.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be working the event and I will have my gen 3 MOD3 bravos (head mounted binos) and AR15 set up for night fighting if anyone wants to try it out and see what all the craze is about. Im sure plenty here have spent more hours than I ever will staring into a PVS14 but if you have no or little night vision experience this will be a great event to see the latest and greatest gear.

We have a good number of tickets sold already and a surprisingly high number of camping and RV tickets so its looking good.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Interesting for sure....didn't know this was a thing. I've been hosting a suppressed night fire subgun run at my Ohio SubGun Match in June the past few years and everyone loves it. I need to get my MP5SD setup with a new IR system....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Josh it sounds like I'll make it. I'll bring the 40mms again and load up a bunch of IR tracers. I'll probably hit up this shoot and skip Marietta this time. If my buddy doesn't come I'll have a spare pvs-14 and anyone can play with my binos as well. May see if I can make some glow tracers for the can cannon as well.
@Grease Gunner the first two shoots were at thunder Valley and mostly focused on long range shooting, I was at the first one and it was a lot of fun and a very relaxed friendly setting. Hopefully this will be similar.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lot of folks registered in advance!

I'm planning on setting up a USPSA style stage on one of the pistol bays that people can run with low light or night vision and their pistol or subgun.

One sponsor, Legion Arms from Pittsburgh, PA, has stepped up big time and will be providing a free dinner to all attendees. I believe BBQ is on the menu.

Other vendors have signed up to be on site to show off their goods, or are sending items for the giveaways:

Vortex
Mantis
Phantom Hill
GBRS Group
Strictly Offensive Kit
Matbock
Night Vision Devices
N-Vision Optics
Steele Industries Night Vision
Low Light Innovations
Over Bore Systems
Moon Phase Cards
JW Ramp Photography
Cardomax

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
East Coast my ass! You land locked boys can't claim east coast!

We run some night shoots at my range. I have a Maxim-9 with Holosun NV Red Dot and Surefire IR light/laser for the handgun. Then I run my M16 with a CMMG Radial delayed blowback upper in 9mm with a Mk9k most often with a Ops Core helmet mounted PVS14 WP Gen 3+. I also just picked up a LMD IR laser/light for my M17 surplus. Sometimes I also have a P320 and P226 with an Osprey Suppressor that I run. Its a lot of fun in FA! Also when going retro, I have a MarColMar Cetme LV with a Enosa Gen II scope. I also have a Z-51 German scope that I can move around. It would be cool to get that mounted to a tripod MG one day but we have not done it yet.

Shooting at night is cool but the only time we can do it is right after daylight savings, so its cold! We shoot on all metal targets. Its a fun few times a year thing to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts