1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I bought a Johnson bayonet at a show many years ago with a scabbard, still looking for the rifle that goes with it LOL, maybe some day. Still kicking myself for not buying one when they where under 2K, and I think the bayonet is harder find find than the rifle !

·
Malim Praedari
384 Posts
A few years back I bought a Johnson bayonet and scabbard at a gun show for $5. The rifle had already been sold, but neither the seller at the table nor I actually knew what the bayonet was for. I just thought that it looked odd, so I bought it along with a couple of other bayonets in a box of stuff. Just dumb luck, not skill.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
A few years back I bought a Johnson bayonet and scabbard at a gun show for $5. The rifle had already been sold, but neither the seller at the table nor I actually knew what the bayonet was for. I just thought that it looked odd, so I bought it along with a couple of other bayonets in a box of stuff. Just dumb luck, not skill.
Yes that reminds me of one I picked up at a gun show back in the 60's. The guy had three or four of them but I only bought one for $1.50. Now I regret not getting more as an investment. I actually had the rifle to go with it but then what would I do with three bayonets. Also back then $1.50 was an hours wage for some of us.(The purchasing power of a dollar was about six times what it is now).

·
Registered
352 Posts
Got your PM, I'll get in touch with you tomorrow. I bought this bayonet about a year ago to help the appropriate rifle come around....a few months later I got the rifle that came with the bayonet.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Saw one w/out the spring at a gun show in April. I messed up. I walked up and asked "how much is the Johnson bayonet?" "Oh is that what that is." Any way they wanted to check the internet. We all know what that means.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts