1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the ammo figured out and it runs perfect. Sorry it’s a short video, I started sticking 10-15 rounds through it and it was so much fun I almost had no ammo for the video. I was so excited when I was done. It ran great.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Impressive ! Sounded smooth, did you load light pressure? Straight wall, I would have figured you would have needed to prelube the casings but the fabric belt would have wiped that off. How about HK chamber fluting? Whats your trick?
edit: I just saw your barrel conversion post and now I'm really impressed!

·
11,444 Posts
Most of us are you here trying to figure out how to lower our ammo cost. That’s what drove the 8mm / 54r conversions for the 1919 and Vickers. (54 v 303)

and here mike is out making his cost per round way higher.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Impressive ! Sounded smooth, did you load light pressure? Straight wall, I would have figured you would have needed to prelube the casings but the fabric belt would have wiped that off. How about HK chamber fluting? Whats your trick?
edit: I just saw your barrel conversion post and now I'm really impressed!
I tried light pressure and high velocity.
the video is showing commercial high velocity 300gr at 2058 FPS. The fusee/recoil spring is set tight that’s why the rate of fire is high. I’m going for 400gr at 1400 FPS

1 - 20 of 24 Posts