1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Well of course it's not bad that you want one. I have two! One like you have pictured and a 5 ton wrecker. They are both a HOOT! The wrecker is a little harder to drive through town just because it has a lot of weight behind it (37,000#). The other one drives just like a pickup and that is the truth. Be prepared to fix some small issues with whatever you get. The best place to get them is Iron Planet. Sign up to bid, start looking at the auctions to see what things are going for, and bid away! My wrecker had 413 miles on it when I got it, and the truck had 4000. Both needed new batteries and the wrecker had some wiring issues. I bought a 977 HEMTT but it requires additional paperwork to clear so I have not gotten it yet. They are an eye catcher and the kids love crawling all over them at the shows. :lol:

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
....probably a bit cheaper...

Tough to find the older M35A1-A3 type (1960-1990),as most have already been sold by the surplus contract agencies like the one mentioned. governmentsurplus.com and several other are now selling the 5-tons...but they are getting scarce also. Might also check on ebay and some of the other military site's like G503. Good luck...I've bought and sold several M35's...but keep a 1973 Kaiser M35 for my heavy-duty work.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
truck

If you don't have a legitimate use for one then I would go with one of the bobbed ones, that's a lot less rubber to replace, and U joints and brakes and it would be much easier to get around town in,but still looks very cool and will go anywhere you dare take it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts