1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using WC860 for all my .50BMG reloading when I had my AR-50, now I have a M3HB, is there any reason why I could not use WC867 or WC872, its a little cheaper. Shooting tracer and API. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
...yep...

There have been several loading tables put up here for just such load data. Believe that the WW867 is a 're-packed' WW860 and the load data is the same. Can't find the specs right now...so don't take that for granted. However,...might stick with the original IMR5010 for the tracer and API/APIT. Not sure which other powders would be suitable...other than AA#8700.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you want a positive light on the tracers, take a needle or knife and poke a couple small holes in the foil.

Only do it to the ones you plan on shooting that day. Tracer mix attracts moisture and will ruin the tracer compound. It will also swell and crack the necks of the brass.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have been using WC860 for all my .50BMG reloading when I had my AR-50, now I have a M3HB, is there any reason why I could not use WC867 or WC872, its a little cheaper. Shooting tracer and API. Thanks, Jerod
Where are you finding your surplus powder?

I have wet tumbled tons of tracers and never had a problem with them lighting off. Including ones completely missing the cap on the bottom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts