1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new M3 coming from Allied. My Allied 1919's love belts and I saw .50 cal belts for sale at IMA, so I ordered a couple. They exactly match in every detail the .30 cal belts I bought from IMA two months ago for my 1919's.

I'm no expert on belts, but I can't see any way that a .50 cal projectile and casing are going to fit into a .30 cal. hole. Before I call up IMA on Monday and ask, "What the f--k, over?", I would like to know if there is such a thing as "dual-use" cloth belts. Any information would be appreciated! :confused:

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I wonder if they somehow got it mixed up and instead of sending you the 50cal belts they sent you the 50 round .30 cal belts??? I got some of them .30 belts, if you need a tarp tied down they are pretty slick. Hotch

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,091 Posts
You're too funny, Hotch!

I got three of the .50 cal belts from IMA last year. They are definitely .50 cal belts and can't be confused with .30 cal. Looks like they pulled the wrong ones for you. I'm sure they'll take care of you though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lucky,

How are you loading your 50 cal belts? I have 6 of them I bought for my new M2HB kit and haven't tried to load any yet. Seems like hand loading would be a real PIA since these are new and never stretched out.

CT

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Loading .50 cal. belts

I can't afford any of the USGI .50 cal. belt loaders, but "BEFU" on this forum has agreed to work up a single-round loader (similar to his .30 cal. loader). The idea is very much in the development stages, but if you are interested in a .50 cal. single round loader send him a PM. I'm sure he would be happy to have more than one customer. ;)

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,091 Posts
Cav Trooper- I have not tried to load them yet. My M3 Aircraft gun is all assembled, but for the minor detail of actually riveting it solid! But xdevildog's post looks like it may contain the eventual answer for us!

·
6,504 Posts
As everyone said, no way you can confuse the two belts...they must have made an error on the shipment.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Question on loading 50 belts

How wide are the .50 belts and how far do the rounds go in? Does the brass just start to poke through or not? Or a dimension from the back of the round to the belt.

Thanks to anyone who can help answer this.

Brian

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,091 Posts
brassmagnet said:
Rollin, it looks like I finished mine before you! :) Being retired is nice! ;)
Hey, that's an unfair advantage!!! :mad:

Glad you got it done! I just need to set aside a day, kidnap a friend to help with the beast and start squeezing rivets! That looks very nice, Terry.

But then, I have the M37 nearly ready. :D

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Rollin, just let me know! Be up in the SRT faster than SHE can say lickety my split! No race...I know you...do it right!
IOU and happy to! :)

#002 rear sight is straight as an arrow. Claw hammer and wash cloth. No heat. Just tweak, tweak, muscle. Level is perfect. Wait till you see the twins fly AA! (God Bless & come on Emory!)

You know something though...remember the pin came out and I lost the rear sight knob on #002, then somebody found it the next day..........to involved. I'll start a new SOS thread with details/help req.

Sure you guys have the 30/50 cloth belts figured out. Sorry to..........

BTW...that M37 is the ****! :D

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,091 Posts
Back on Topic

Yeah, we'd better get this one back on track. I am going to take one of those .50 cal belts and see how a round fits. I hope they are not so tough as a new .30 cal belt!

Meanwhile, I appreciate that, iRIGHTi. But you don't owe me a thing. Tannerite more took care of that, my friend! :D Glad your sight bracket straightened out so well, but still puzzled as to how that happened or if we just missed it. Let me know how I can help get that knob back on. If you want to help on the .50 cal, I might just take you up on it!

Pics of the M37 coming soon, to a new thread near you!

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Know what a *****-1/2 loading 30.06 cloth is BH. Don't even want to think about .50. F*UCK!

Need a hand w/ anything/anytime...let me know Lucky! :D

·
6,504 Posts
Brass, nice job on the 50 cal.

Hey irighti, you got snakebit too?

'94

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Sweet ride Lobo! Mine's the 2005 SRT-10 Quad cab. Now if I could get a 1919twin mount for the hitch... :D

·
6,504 Posts
I thot I'd just drill a 1.5" hole in my Targa bar and stick a pintle in it :).

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,091 Posts
Yeah, lobo, you need a pair of ANM2s tucked in there aircraft style. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts