1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what is says an actual, 500 rnd belt, all 28' of it, not a put together 34/42 belt. This has pins as joints and not spiral wire
Looking to get $1000 del to free states

·
Registered
171 Posts
Its tough to tell from the pictures. You don't have any showing the back and inside of the links. It looks like the MG17/81 belt but there are others that are similar.
I've tried running MG34/42 belts through my MG81 and without extensive mods to the feed tray it won't work. I did try running some MG17/81 links through an MG42 and it also did not work. So show us some good pics of the front and back of the links and maybe you'll find a buyer. I do believe the links are too tall to run well through the 34 or 42.

Frank

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I recently found a 500 rnd similar belt here. I will look for it again as I dont think it looks like this one, more like the conventional 50 rnd MG34/42 versions.

PJH

·
Registered
171 Posts
That is a 17/81 belt so yes, it will run in an 81. The B marking shows its a known maker. There is a pretty wide variation with the belts too.....they evolved but they still called them Gurt 17/81.

Frank

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Gents.......I have and shoot two prs of -81's. The feed trays have an up incline to guide the empty links into the over the top of the feed cover chutes. I have several feed trays. None are without this inclined section. I cant imagine this belt being flexible enough to make the several turns involved. I tried to use an MG 42 belt in a single -81, no go, jammed right away. I really didnt think it would work, so I didnt investigate as to why. I can guarantee, this belt will not work in a twin set up.

Check the several curves and angles this type belt would have to negotiate........feed in is forward and almost under this exit chute.

PJH

DSC09508.JPG
Pictures2891.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts