1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking about one of the Sarco 60mm mortar kits. Where do I look for the bipod and sight?

Has anyone else built one of these?

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I have a sight and I think Steve at Sirplssupply in Rochester had bipods but I have never tried to put one together from scratch.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What does Sarco have for a mortar kit. The bipod and baseplate are pretty much a kit, what are they calling one?

Frank

·
Registered
180 Posts
It looks like a piece of new made crap for welding to your new made tube for shooting black powder muzzle loading stuff. The M19 cup and assembly looks quite a bit different and is multiple pieces. I would love to have an M19 setup for my mortar.

Having said that I will say also that the SARCO repro baseplates are very well done. I got one for my M2 setup so I can keep the original from getting scratched up and dinged. It fits the original cup quite well and looks good too. The locking ring keeps the ball from slipping out of the socket which was a problem on some other older repro parts years back. Mortars are great fun to shoot and just neat. Portable artillery for the squad is what a 60mm is . . .

Frank

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Ahhh ..... My error . I thought he was going for a M-2 look .
Wait a second , where is the m-19 base plate ? And why does the kit have an M-2 base plate and why is he looking for a bipod and sight . Did they use M-19s as M-2s when needed ? Will an M-19 tube fit into a bipod or are the ODs different ? I know the ID would be the same . I had a live M-2 but never a M-19 .
Chris

·
Registered
180 Posts
An M19 cup assembly will fit and function with the same baseplate, bipod and tube as the M2. The difference is that the M19 has a trigger so you can drop a bomb in and not fire until you want. The trigger can also be set to drop fire. In addition, the other baseplate Sarco is offering is frequently called the commando baseplate. It's used without the bipod. Neat setup and despite the ad saying they're original I believe they're being made by the same company in india who is making the big baseplate.

Frank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts