1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got everything worked out and produced a couple of conversions for customers and everything checks out good.

This upgrade allows you to shoot ANY 54r without changing anything. You can run mixed belts with no issues.

I'm ready to offer the upgrade service to any existing conversion I have made for $270 delivered
What I need for the upgrade is the following:
54R bolt
54R barrel
Complete barrel extension.

The conversion consists of the 3 parts married as a set.
The set up is simple:
Screw barrel all the way into the barrel extension.
Back out until barrel fits into the t-slot on the bolt.

Your DONE. Install and go to town.

I can only accept 5 conversions a month for this upgrade. Turn around is 30 days (I will do my best to be timely)

PM me for shipping and payment details. I'll post a pic of the barrel/bolt/extension setup later

Thanks

Troy

·
Registered
362 Posts
What about your previous conversions done for customers on 1919a4 semi's that were for a a specific manufacture of 7.62 x 54r. Should these be upgrades so to shoot any ammo now that you have it perfected?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Question:

You say that the parts required are a 54R barrel and a 54R bolt and a complete barrel extension. What if a person doesn't already have a 54R barrel and 54R bolt?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about your previous conversions done for customers on 1919a4 semi's that were for a a specific manufacture of 7.62 x 54r. Should these be upgrades so to shoot any ammo now that you have it perfected?
This is an upgrade to any 54R conversion I made.

So, if you have a 54R conversion you can upgrade it to a fixed headspace which will allow you to shoot any 54R ammo. Run mixed belts or switch lots of ammo without any changes.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question:

You say that the parts required are a 54R barrel and a 54R bolt and a complete barrel extension. What if a person doesn't already have a 54R barrel and 54R bolt?
If you don't have a conversion this will be an optional upgrade for $250.00

The standard conversion is $400 delivered on your supplied 308 parts
Bolt
Barrel
Front Cartridge Guide
Top Cover
Extractor
Several sample rd of what you will be shooting. Barrel is chambered ammo lot specific.

If you choose the fixed headspace upgrade add $250 and add your complete Barrel Extension, don't bother with the sample rds.

This upgrade mimics a Vickers or Maxim

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well I finally got everything worked out and produced a couple of conversions for customers and everything checks out good.

This upgrade allows you to shoot ANY 54r without changing anything. You can run mixed belts with no issues.

I'm ready to offer the upgrade service to any existing conversion I have made for $270 delivered
What I need for the upgrade is the following:
54R bolt
54R barrel
Complete barrel extension.

The conversion consists of the 3 parts married as a set.
The set up is simple:
Screw barrel all the way into the barrel extension.
Back out until barrel fits into the t-slot on the bolt.

Your DONE. Install and go to town.

I can only accept 5 conversions a month for this upgrade. Turn around is 30 days (I will do my best to be timely)

PM me for shipping and payment details. I'll post a pic of the barrel/bolt/extension setup later

Thanks

Troy
Finally get to burn all that mixed 54R I've accumulated!
PM sent.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The standard conversion is $400 delivered on your supplied 308 parts
Bolt
Barrel
Front Cartridge Guide
Top Cover
Extractor

If you choose the fixed headspace upgrade add $250 and add your complete Barrel Extension.

So a 7.62x54R Fixed Headspace Conversion, from buyer-supplied 7.62x51 parts listed above is $650.00 delivered. Correct?

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Nice work Troy I know how much time you have spent on this and know how many guys will be very happy to shoot low cost ammo again.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is slightly off topic but not completely:
Does anyone have an easy solution for opening those 54R spam cans?
Even with a helper bar on the supplied opener it's still a pain.
Thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts