1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7.62x54R Green Tracer 100 per bag $20.00 per bag
7.62x54R API 50 per bag $50.00 per bag
[email protected] or Zelle is ok with me. Shipping is flat rate for $8.00 up to 70 Lbs.
I dont have much of a reputation here but I am well known over at Weaponsguild as WiredMike.
Thank You
-Michael

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is it actually green tracer or just green painted tips. The russians used green tips to indicate tracers for the most part but they still trace red. On the other hand they did make some green tracers.....do you know which it is?

Thanks
Frank

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not realize that. I am going on the packaging alone. If they do trace red I will refund immediately.
I need to get a couple loaded up this week and test.
Thanks for the heads up.
Michael

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just light one up with a propane torch if its easier. I set them on the ground and use the torch to light them for folks who've never seen a tracer burn before. Most folks have no idea how big of a flame they shoot out the back. Most of the chemistry will make red tracers easier and cheaper to make though like I said, the russians did do some green ones too. I know when I was doing a lot of shooting and demos we fired a bunch of russian tracers out of my PKM and they were still tracing at more than 1800 yds. The US tracers in 308 seem to go about 1000yds. All mine were red though they had green tips. Green tracers use a different oxydizer and the flame isn't as bright normally. If you watch 50 BMG M20API trace you'll note that it has a greenish tint when they light up at the muzzle and then turn red a few hundred yards out. The green is Barium Nitrate vs the Strontium Nitrate used in red tracers.....

Frank

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
All the green tip Russian Projectiles I got a few years back were incendiary, not tracer or AP. You Might want to light one off to see of they really are a tracer if you have not tested them. I have fired them in 303 and in 7.7x58 JAP, and all were definitely not tracer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just wanted to post here that all messages replied to and all shipments have been made as to this date. And so far no complaints other than I needed to tape up one shipping box a bit better so that I did on the last shipments.
Thank You All
-Michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts