1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
380 Posts
I can tell you that I made a pretty good living repairing guns that had run that turkish crap. One 1919A4 blew the right sideplate over the trunnion rivets bending the plate. The left plate was damaged too but we didn't care. He had to buy a part set for $400 at that time and the total cost of his one round of turk ammo fired was about $1800. I've also done repairs on a lot of other MG's. I wouldn't fire that crap in someone elses bolt action, much less anything of value.

Just my own opinion based on experience.

Frank

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hello, I have a FA 1919a4.
Is this ammo safe to shoot in it?

I would not put Turk in a machine gun.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well true true.
I did buy 2200 rds of 30-06 from RTI last month. Looks like quality stuff and was sealed up. Did I mess up in buying this?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
As always with questions on foreign ammo with bad reps....LOAD YOUR OWN...!! If you have the bad ammo,you can collet pull the projo's,dump the powder and reload a known safe load with a current powder. Might cost you some time and work...but cheaper than damage to any weapon,especially a FA gun.
With the cost of ammo today,makes a lot of economic sense to load your own.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well true true.
I did buy 2200 rds of 30-06 from RTI last month. Looks like quality stuff and was sealed up. Did I mess up in buying this?

I have no experience or knowledge of that ammo at all.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well true true.

I don’t know if I would trust that ammo. I only shoot usgi, greek, new commercial loaded to usgi specs or my own reloads in my guns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts