1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Century arms is sold out of Yugo and not expecting to get anymore. Hard to believe the number 2 top cover blower is drying up...Turk is number one :).

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
I can vouch for Turk bein #1, i have blown lots of top covers, but i still ordered 2 tons of it and got it in 3 weeks ago, i love the stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
double, where did you find Turk...I thot it was mostly gone too.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Got it from a guy here in MO that does gunshows and had some.

·
Registered
48 Posts
2 tons of the Turk????? who's got that much squirreled away. It must be the guy that bought the 750,000 or so from Ammostore a few years ago just as I was ready to buy a couple pallets. I did manage to get 13 cases at Bulletfest which has to come close to 1,500 lbs.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like you stocked up.

Let's see, each 8mm round weighs about 375 grains which makes about 18.67 to the pound multiplied times 4000 pounds equals about 75,000 rounds...is that about right?

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
No its more like 58,000 rnds, wish it were 78K

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know how you feel, I have about 40,000 in cases and some linked, can't have enough.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
I know how ya feel. I love the turk, i have had bad batches of it but for the most part its reliable, and HOT! I have all my links linked up and need more links, only have like 14,000 linked. I NEED MORE STUFF!!!!! Its a good feeling having ammo, couple mos ago i found a batch of 20,000 rnds in my garage i didnt even know i had, some of it is black tipped german armor peircing tracer 8mm. Not all that much of it but i didnt know i even had it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I liked the turk I shot too. Inspecting each one for cracked necks worked fine. I put them in a ziploc and shot them one by one and had no problems burning those up either, but I would hesitate to shoot them in a belt.

The ones that were great ran nearly 100%.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How do you know which are the bad batches? I've shot every year from 41-49 with the exception of 1948. When I first bought my A4 from ORF in 2004 and started finding sites like this one, I was reading about Turk ammo with split necks and bullets falling out of the casings. I never saw any of that in the 15 or so thousand I've shot so far. Although, I've experienced a few from time to time but I never noticed anything wrong with the round as I was belting it up.
I sure wish I could stumble across 20,000 rounds I forgot I had. I wouldn't care if it was .22.

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
I know the batch of 36 is bad that i had, it blows up. I have had lots of 40's blow up but they were because of the way they were stored before i bought them, loose bullets and such. I have shot TONS of turk and had lots of kabooms, but the effect they give when bein shot is worth it. Find a good batch which is most and they are great to shoot.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The split necks dump the bullet and powder in the feedway of my gun. Anoying to have to blow out of the barrel when you want to get the repid fire thing going. Funny, I bought mine from sportsmans guide a whiloe ago. One batch was like 10% split necks. I know this because I saved the rounds in strippers to shoot in a mauser. the other batch was perfect. Looking back I wish I had more of it.

The yugo stuff for me was so bad I sold my 8mm barrel to Lou at bulletfest last year. I'm going to try it again with a new FP and that spring extension from the other post. Might even buy a throating reamer to open up the chamber a little for the yugo bullet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts