1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whether you loved him or --- just didn't care ------ all through the time I was working in public broadcasting the music of prince micheal roberts ran though all the after show get togethers ( Ok - party's) so ---- here is something that even if your a fan you probably never saw--- Prince at the British Music awards ( The Britt Awards) --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhbRT21SEkQ

Now that he's gone -- people are telling the story of his very behind the scenes charity and philanthropic works

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
He was just part of the background noise when I was in high school and College. I actually went to "Purple Rain" on a date. Also surprising is how many songs from that era he ghost-wrote.

The most interesting thing is that my kids don't recognize any of his music - I don't own any, and apparently he didn't allow it to be run on the streaming services. They developed an appreciation for a lot of the music from the 70's and 80's playing "Guitar Hero."

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Music

I enjoyed that his albums were usually easy sales, business is/was business. Initially sales were held back because of concerns over language. As his product improved sales increased, one could conclude he was alert enough to move to where the money was. There should be a short spike in sales now, although it will be more focused on the digital download area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts