1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Digging around and I found this.. I think its from a Jap Type 11 / 6.5 mm gun or a 99/96...?
Any help here?

·
Registered
70 Posts
IMO, since it's threaded, T-99 or late T-96. I have on that is not threaded that has a lug that locks into the groove on the end of the muzzle of a standard T-96. Regards, JH

·
11,296 Posts
i searched forever for that damn piece before i ended up selling my late 96. was told that it would be for either 99 or the threaded 96, like haakster says above

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Any interest in selling?

I am also looking for Jap Type 96/99 barrel parts... burnt out/demilled barrels, gas blocks/front sights, carry handles.... If you have anything please email me [email protected]

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's a T99 barrel cover, but it can also be used on a T96.
They are not common, but they are not rare either.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx Guys. Scott (BHA) pointed out years ago he had on on his Dads Type 11. It was a threaded unit.
Charlie

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
With what happened over the 1917 ladder...? Really?
Charlie
I have no idea what happened there... all I am saying is usually if people are good enough to ask help from, I at least offer them a link to where I am selling it... without them having to ask... and I did ask and did not hear a reply. In this case I did not even get to it in time to answer before others had it covered and I am not saying you owe it to us but ..... lets just say I am a lot less likely to reply to the next thread asking for help...

Last time I asked for help and the item went up for sale, it got sold to the first person that replied in my thread asking for help IDing it. I probably could have made a few more bucks on GB but I feel like thats only fair given the help I received when I asked.

In this case I am not interested in that kind of price but I know someone who might have been and I like to help others out... as they have helped me and wanted to pass it on. Either way it would have brought you more interest in your GB ad... so I really don't get it .... but whatever man... worse things going on in the world... Have a good 4th.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
So I did just go read the 1917 sight thread... I guess you can't catch a break. :)

You know, these parts are getting rare and we search for them all the time. In this case, it looked like you used this forum to ID something so you could stick it up on GB for some high price and not even let us know you were selling it. That said, I get you might have been shell shocked from the 1917 thread. No big deal. I don't think there is anything bad about toss it up on GB but you could drop us a link. Either way, like I said, worse things happening in the world... Have a Happy Independence Day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts