1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used the sunshine and a little energy I had to put together a quick but incomplete Display of my Brownings and a few accessories. Feel free to comment or make suggestions. Not a complete kit by a long shot but fun none the less
Enjoy, Chris

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Sweet collection Chris I love the early Khaki canvas and leave it to you to have the best. Do you need an original handle for the spare parts chest and do you have the two steel rods for it?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Russ, I have the rods and wood plugs but missing a leather handle. I know some were reproed years back but have list the info on them. And as to the khaki, me to. I have always gravitated to prewar to early war equipment in my collection. But I do have quite a bit of od#7 items. I started collecting when I was about 10. So about 40+ years. It is kind of an addiction. The paperwork and manuals is fun too.

and yes, it took a bit to pull everything out of it’s storage area and take those quick pics. When I aquire a few more items I intend to do a more professional shoot with everything in detail including a uniform layout. Thanks guys

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And btw, those mittens are dated 1942. My son does not want to touch them after I told him what material they are made from. Lol

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One day I will get around to properly restoring the m2 tripod and welding up the holes in the feet, unless someone has a gi they want to trade. There is always one more thing isn’t there.
And the 17 tripod is coated in dust so it needs a thorough clean. Maybe next week

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Outstanding display, a lot of time and money went into that collection. If Russ doesn't have an original or repro spare handle for your parts box, let me know I have at least one repro one.

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Russ, I have the rods and wood plugs but missing a leather handle. I know some were reproed years back but have list the info on them. And as to the khaki, me to. I have always gravitated to prewar to early war equipment in my collection. But I do have quite a bit of od#7 items. I started collecting when I was about 10. So about 40+ years. It is kind of an addiction. The paperwork and manuals is fun too.

and yes, it took a bit to pull everything out of it’s storage area and take those quick pics. When I aquire a few more items I intend to do a more professional shoot with everything in detail including a uniform layout. Thanks guys
Chris I should have an original tucked back and will look for you today.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Awesome display! I display my 1917a1 and 1919a4 at living history events. Im not familiar with that large ammunition bag. What is it?
I’ve got one of the ammunition vests, but didn’t know machine gunners used them. I though they were mostly for mortar or bazooka rounds.
Again, great job!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bag you ask about was a general purpose ammo bag. M1 ammunition bag by nomenclature. It could be used by MG, or mortar crews, possibly other. There were many ways to carry extra ammo including the general purpose ammo bag with strap also shown in the pics. I have rarely ever seen the m1 used in combat pics or video. But it was a piece of material that could be used to carry 2 ammo chests, or any of the assigned squad equipment. There is still so much equipment in support of these troops that gets overlooked. I wish I had the time and funds to collect it all and do a book.

Chris

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I keep looking!! Craig, your collection is also a wealth of history and information! Thanks for sharing your handcart addiction. I keep hoping to find a USMC cart just sitting in a barn. But no joy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts