1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, I just started reloading .45 ACP. A friend of mine generously gave me enough powder to get started. Im really getting into this, but I dont have much powder left. Im looking for a pound or so of Alliant Bullseye powder. Most retailers are sold out and the few I find on gunbroker are 4x retail prices. Maybe someone here has a open tub, isnt reloading anymore or is just feeling generous. Im willing to pay, trade (Ive got all sorts of ACU Army pattern field gear, mostly brand new) or donate. I know Im asking for a miracle here, but stranger things have happened on this site. -Scott

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Gents, I just started reloading .45 ACP. A friend of mine generously gave me enough powder to get started. Im really getting into this, but I dont have much powder left. Im looking for a pound or so of Alliant Bullseye powder. Most retailers are sold out and the few I find on gunbroker are 4x retail prices. Maybe someone here has a open tub, isnt reloading anymore or is just feeling generous. Im willing to pay, trade (Ive got all sorts of ACU Army pattern field gear, mostly brand new) or donate. I know Im asking for a miracle here, but stranger things have happened on this site. -Scott
I feel your pain. It took me three years to find some Unique. Prices were nuts. And then quite by chance, I went to the grand opening of a new Bass Pro Shops location. There on the back of a well picked over shelf was the object of my search. I grabbed all they had, two pounds. My ongoing search continues.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have I created another addiction for you HAHA
This is the guy who introduced me to reloading. At first, I was reluctant. I didnt want to do that...its too dangerous. Theres other stuff out there, I dont need to reload to have fun. Then he gave me some free stuff...just enough to get me started......just enough to make me want more......now Im calling everyone asking if they have any...next thing you know Ill be selling myself for a few capfulls of powder and doing donkey shows for 8LB tubs. Damnit Rick, see what youve done!!!

I ordered a 1LB'er from Gunbroker tonight. I paid too much, but I didnt want to spend the next 6 months calling every store within 100 miles looking for it. (Or doing Donkey shows.......)

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
This is the guy who introduced me to reloading. At first, I was reluctant. I didnt want to do that...its too dangerous. Theres other stuff out there, I dont need to reload to have fun. Then he gave me some free stuff...just enough to get me started......just enough to make me want more......now Im calling everyone asking if they have any...next thing you know Ill be selling myself for a few capfulls of powder and doing donkey shows for 8LB tubs. Damnit Rick, see what youve done!!!

I ordered a 1LB'er from Gunbroker tonight. I paid too much, but I didnt want to spend the next 6 months calling every store within 100 miles looking for it. (Or doing Donkey shows.......)
Pssst! Hey dude, check this out. No really, go ahead and try it. First one's on me! :eek:

:rofl:

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Ruggy ,
Hope you are wearing a trench coat and fedora , not a hoodie :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: !:tongue:
Gotta keep up wit da time's bro. I be stylin'! ;)

I saw the pics from the guy that sells all the Bullseye and Unique on Gunbroken. Pretty sure he's a large part of the shortage. Pallets on pallets on pallets. With lots more pallets on pallets behind them in a good sized warehouse. It's only 3-4 hundred for 8 pounds. :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Have a square one pound tin of Hercules Bullseye powder that is at least 40 years old. It came from my dad's reloading bench and I keep it out of sentiment so it's not for sale (and may be unsafe to use anyway).

You might consider going to Hodgdon TiteGroup. I have been using it for years in my .38 special and .45 auto loads and find it both economical and consistent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts