• B

Votes: 4 100.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning all,

I wanted to get the groups feedback whether I should be using the "A" new type or the "B" old type of the parts below for my semi M2HB?

You can vote if you'd like. I've never set up a poll before. Kind of cool!!

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
My opinion is definitely B , I have seen MANY bolt locking lugs damaged using the type A. Even though I'm only building semis I am using type B on ALL my builds.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Type B as ajmdreammg42 says type a will wear out the bolt even in a semi after 3000rds I'm speaking from experience . I machine the bolt on the M3's to use style B
Greg

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
...ditto.. All 17-M2HB's I built used the newer type parts. Only difference was the 'T' type leaf spring used on the bottom of the WW2 original buffer body I kept for a spare on my FA M2HB.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to put B back in my M2 bolt and it looks like I have an M3 sear stop and pin. Oh boy!! More parts to order. It's all good!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
So what are you trying to achieve here?
If you got an M3 bolt mill out center where split locking go's to covert for solid one. Just don't go to deep that interferes with the firing pin.... FWIW

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what are you trying to achieve here?
If you got an M3 bolt mill out center where split locking go's to covert for solid one. Just don't go to deep that interferes with the firing pin.... FWIW
Thanks for the feedback Belt-fed101. I'm using an M2 bolt so I think I'll just pick up the correct sear stop pin.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So I have a new m2 bolt , I have the B parts, but the shank on the sear stop is larger than the hole in the bolt , do I just enlarge the hole n the bolt ? Or look for a different sear stop with a smaller shank, I wanta use the larger locking block, maybe I’m over thinking this, Jon P.

·
Registered
248 Posts
So I have a new m2 bolt , I have the B parts, but the shank on the sear stop is larger than the hole in the bolt , do I just enlarge the hole n the bolt ? Or look for a different sear stop with a smaller shank, I wanta use the larger locking block, maybe I’m over thinking this, Jon P.
Can you post pictures of what your asking? Don't make sense AND Don't drill holes. Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Belt-fed 101, thanks for the reply, here is a pic of the parts I have, as you can see in the pic the shank on the one pc sear stop is larger in dia than the two pc one on the left, I have no experience here so I’m all eyes and ears, thanks Jon P.
6786EAB5-F286-4FB1-951F-412B7B74F552.jpeg

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ok that's looks like its for FN 30 gun or ?... Not 100% sure with out more detail of it. Just use all the parts on left. Here's a photo of what I have to compare, M2 50 to FN 30 Parts..

·
Registered
60 Posts
You are absolutely right it’s a fn part I have, no wonder it will not work, I remember it said fn on the bag I pulled it from, thank you. ,Jon P.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may have caused the initial confusion with my "B" picture. It didn't fit my M2 bolt either. I ordered the right one from Sarco and I was good to go.

Brian B

1 - 15 of 15 Posts