1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey its a start.

Link

Calif. Judge Overturns Firearm Sales Ban
Judge overturns voter-approved law in San Francisco that banned handgun possession, firearm sales

SAN FRANCISCO, Jun. 13, 2006
By DAVID KRAVETS Associated Press Writer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(AP) A California judge on Monday overturned a voter-approved city law that banned handgun possession and firearm sales, siding with gun owners who said the city did not have the authority to prohibit the weapons.

Judge James Warren sided with the National Rifle Association, which argued that a local government cannot ban weapons because the California Legislature allows their sale and possession.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
glock17_shooter said:
Maybe we should not give up on CA so easy :)
Sure we should. I have. :D

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Battle cry.....

Lucky#13 said:
Sure we should. I have. :D
Lucky.....With all due respect,anyone who gives up and refuses to fight while the battle is still in the 'soft stages of warfare",(ie) just befoe the shooting starts,does not have the heart for the real battle. NEVER,EVER GIVE UP..... Why give the enemy a moral victory....WE have the high ground,WE have not only the Federal Constitution,but the California one as well. As a battle cry......Remember New Orleans!!.....

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Gave up Once Never again...

Gave up Once Never again. I shelved all my stuff during the first bans, I refuse to now and never will again. When I find a check in my mail box in an amount I see fitting they are welcome to my 2nd amendment freedoms but seeing that they are priceless don't think this will ever happen.

Never give up on California we need your support... I too would love to live in a state that has few restrictions but cannot move right now. Besides I keep the cool toys in Nevada so I can play when I go there 3 hours away...:)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dr. Fixit said:
So far, only the SF Chronicle, the NRA and Newsmax are reporting this huge victory for the NRA. Big surprise there...
My link in the OP is an ABC story, I never would have believed they would run it if I didn't see with my own eyes.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Knew that would never stick. Even in fagland. Frisco should outlaw KY instead.

And Rollin..."You work hard, discover that success is not a destination but rather a road you travel upon- mostly up hill."

That pretty much sums up the battle against the anti-guns. It seems uphill, but we win alot of the battles.

And everyone remember...when they do come to get your guns...be sure to give them the ammo 1st!

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Well said......

BEFU said:
Besides the constitution and high ground, hell, we have the guns!
RIGHT!!! As Claire Wolfe said in her book...."America is at a delicate stage in history....its almost too late for legislative action but its too early to start shooting the BASTARDS". She was talking about all the anti-gun and anti-freedom laws that are being passed. Yes....we have the guns.....but how many patroits will actually stand up and fight those that attempt to disarm us? How many people in New Orleans fought to keep their guns when the police and military arrived and took their guns away.....hmmmm. God forbid if we have to actually shoot stupid Americans who try to do this in Indiana.... we carry more firearms here than any other state,with the oldest concealed carry law in the country. Keep fighting,Californians....we are with you!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unfortunately, this will cause the SF anti-gun forces to focus their energies at the state level. At the big picture level, this may not have been such a good thing for those of us in the "red" counties of California. As a former resident of San Francisco, I'm all for letting that cesspool rot and self-destruct on its own accord.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Yeah just wait till

Yeah just wait till after November. We thought we had it bad with our attourney general, but the demo's might have just enough pull to get Jerry Brown in (he was part of the San Fran deal) so they are always looking ahead as to how to screw us... But we will keep fighting the good fight. I know everytime I mention Jerry Brown iRighti gets :mad: but we really need to make sure this guy does not get in... Otherwise it gonna be one hell of a 2007 for us here especially with all the new AK and AR receivers that came into Kali...

Have they shot down the ammo thing yet anyone know?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
iRIGHTi said:
And everyone remember...when they do come to get your guns...be sure to give them the ammo 1st!
What he said......once they have your guns your nothing but a peasant to the beaucrats.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Email from CRPA:

SAN FRANCISCO (PROPOSITION-H)
GUN BAN GOES DOWN IN MAJOR DEFEAT!

Judge Rules Voter-approved S. F. Handgun Ban Is Illegal

San Francisco Superior Court Judge James Warren today issued a 30-page decision in Fiscal et al v. San Francisco, a challenge to the San Francisco ordinance banning handgun possession and firearms and ammunition sales in the city. The Court held that the ordinance was preempted by state law and invalidated the ordinance in its entirety.

If the ordinance had survived, all San Francisco residents would have been jailed for a minimum of 90 days and up to six months if caught in possession of a handgun. All gun and ammunition sales and transfers would have been prohibited, and the one gun store and two antique firearm auction houses in San Francisco would have been forced out of business. Additionally, since action films involved the transfer of real "prop" firearms, no such films could have been made in the city.

The decision is posted at: http://www.sftc.org. The case number is CPF-05-505960. Pleadings and briefs filed in the case can be viewed at www.calgunlaws.com

The challenge to the ordinance was brought by the National Rifle Association, California Rifle and Pistol Association, and several like-minded civil rights groups, including the Law Enforcement Alliance of America, San Francisco Police Officer's Association, San Francisco Veteran Police Officer's Association, the Second Amendment Foundation, Gun Owners of California, the Madison Society, the American Entertainment Armorer's Association, the Pink Pistols, and the California Association of Firearm Retailers. Several individual San Francisco residents including community leaders, police officers, and soldiers also joined the suit.

Lead attorney Chuck Michel, of Trutanich-Michel, LLP in Long Beach, California litigated the case against the San Francisco City Attorney's office, which defended the ordinance. Attorneys Don Kates, Steven Halbrook, Don Kilmer, Bruce Colodny, Glenn McRoberts, Tom Maciejewski, Jason Davis, Mark Barnes, and Michael S. Hebel contributed greatly to the effort on behalf of those who chose to own a gun to defend themselves and their families.

The Court recognized that law abiding gun owners who chose to own a firearm to defend themselves or their families are part of the solution, not part of the problem. Hopefully the City will expand the use of crime fighting programs like Operation Ceasefire, now used successfully in San Francisco and will recognize that gun owners have valuable perspectives on how to fight the criminal misuse of firearms-a goal everyone shares.

*** CRPA ***

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
By the way, and particularly for L999here, my comment about "giving up" on California was a facetious comment in response to the earlier post. Though there was a veiled reference to the fact that I am leaving this state for Texas in a couple of years. I think this ruling is a great thing, but we definitely need to keep fighting. However, it is very hard to get something off the books once it is on, like the various AW and .50BMG "bans" we have here. There are so many liberal idealogues in power and they have the votes to stay there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts