1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know this is more for the AK crowd, but I and several other people are having some serious problems with Global Trades out of Texas. They will take your order, never ship, be rude, hang up on you, etc. Go to akfiles.com for more specifics. Be warned. Just my .02

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,150 Posts
THAT'S not nice! :eek:

Appreciate the info!

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
I have not bought anything from them in a month or so but I can't complain. I also bought a pile of stuff from Joeken and got away with that in good shape also so maybe my luck is going to run out? Hotch

·
Registered
131 Posts
They never answer the phone and don't return calls. Still waiting for them to return 4 phone messages and a couple emails going back as far as December. Well, not really. I kinda figured they were jerks and moved on.

·
Registered
273 Posts
These postings about GT just started a couple days ago on a few of the forums.

I myself have ordered a few things from them with no problems in the past,
I also work part time at a local shop and we have ordered a lot of GT products in the past couple years with no problems also.. we never got a run
a round with anything, all the receivers ordered were shipped and received
in a couple weeks,, non ffl parts usually were shipped in 2 days..

If these is a problem at GT i don't know ,, but untill it effects me or the business , we will continue to do business with them

·
Registered
106 Posts
Warning

Thanks Scott. I'll pay attention. Bet it's true too. Jim

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Global Trades

Just picked up an order of 100% AK receivers from Global. When I called they indicated that they were swamped with orders and would take 45 to 60 days to fill mine. The receivers showed up on day 44. No complaints on my part, but it sounds like caution would be appropriate in the future.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i have been a ffl dealer for 25+ years. i have been doing business with them (gt) most of that time. i have not had any troubles as you have described with them. (i read your post and derick post, what a bunch of whining, grow up)
i have noticed that sometime people that post information that they have had problems with so &so. they start backing up when pressed for detail information on a transaction and then they will claim that somebody else is also having problems with a vendor. they tend to go from site to site and bad mouth someone.
as a dealer i have had people call and start making demands. i will listen for a little bit then try to resolve the issue with them, if that doesn't work i just say good bye and hang up. i am not going to waste my time on jerks or smart asses. i don't need your kind of business and hope you go somewhere else to shop.
i also notice that it seams to be the same people with the problems all the time. i help them out and refuse to do any business with them in the future.
(they always come back, they soon find it harder to find a dealer that will do business with them)
have a nice day!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Capt Ron....

I am assuming that you are refering to MY post about Global Trades. Had you taken the time to actually read my detailed account of what happened, (AKfiles) you might think differently. Several people are having problems with Global right now, and I for one am trying to get the word out so other gun collectors dont get screwed. Get off your soap box. :eek: I understand and agree with what you say about people just whining, but I and several other have provided MANY details about how GT has screwed them. Take the time to actually read the posts, you will see.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have purchased several of these receivers from Global and never had any problems until recently. I opted to go with the the 1.6mm type 6 receiver for all my builds. Global gives you the option of narrowing your own trunnions or they do it for $20. I surface ground the trunnions before shipping to them. Long story short, they charged me for this and also $20 more for furnishing a trigger guard, which was in the kit. When I received the bill I called them up and a lady said she would call me back in a few days. She never did and I was never able to get in touch w/GT again despite leaving several messsages. Called the cc company filed a claim that I've since won. I've never had any problem w/GT on shipping. I hope they work through this as they have a good product.

·
LEGENDARY BULLY!
6,488 Posts
I purchased two of the 1.6mm receivers on two different occasions, they were shipped in a timely fashion,, the first being delayed due to heat treating back order. The second arrived in two weeks. I've ordered many small parts not available from others and received them quickly. I built two guns on their 1'6's and they came out beautiful and strong, finishing up nicely. I would deal with them again. My 02.

One fixed and the folder are GT receivers,, the far right is on a Cold Steel Solutions 80%,, they all look like battlefield PU's.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i did read all your post, maybe you need to go back and read what you wrote. i am sure you know the rest of the details that go with it, but the readers can only get out of it what you (and others) wrote. sorry if i missunderstood what you ment.
sorry i'll get off the soap box with this, my bad:( .

it appears that most of the problems are with cc orders. i don't do cc orders with gt as i have always paid cash for stuff i buy from them. maybe it has been a good thing that way. if you have a problem then call them ( i know you tried). if they don't respond to you request, then call the cc company ( a very good reason to use a cc) and have them reverse the charges. that will get there attention.
i usuall pay cash or with postal money orders when i buy from any vendors. this way i know up front my cost, no suprises from them. i call and get the entire cost up front or i get the stuff at the gun shows ( i just happen to live close to them). it's difficult when you are not able to just drive over to them and do a face to face.

i try to only buy from vendors what they have in stock, if they don't have it i go somewhere else to buy. i have watched over the years and when people pay up front for stuff that is not ready to ship (from any vendor) the odds are greater there is going to be a problem. it funny how they come up with stuff when you tell them you will go somewhere else to buy it.

i have never had problems with gt the phone with them. i guess i am lucky. i don't call on mondays (unpacking from gun show) or fridays ( packing for gunshows). i usually call them on tues. or wed. they ( the people that can help you, ron or jimmy) seem to be at the shop more on those days and can help you better.

i hope you and the others get your ( and others) problems with gt resolved (and soon) and you post what the results are.
have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
We had numerous rifles parkerized by GT through the years and their service has always been excellent. But since last year we waited about 8 or 9 months to get back several rifles, which we did. So I figured they must have people(workers) problems. When you do reach the AK gunsmith he is very apoligetic. So I will wait until they get their problems solved(We cancelled about 10 custom serial numbered recievers) before I resume ordering from them. But in the past they were excellent to do bussiness with!

·
Registered
72 Posts
guys,
i have had both good and bad with global. prior to having my ffl i got everything no prob. i sent them my ffl with a cover letter telling them to contact me. i didnt hear anyhting for 2 weeks. i called but every time the lady picked up she said she was not at the office and could not check to see if it was on file. then out of the blue i got an email from global. the only way they way the would have had my email was from my cover letter with my ffl. i caled in 2 place the order over the phone. 2 mins after i hung up i got a call saying they did not have me on file and told me all their mail was being forwarded and to wait a couple more days. i tried to explain to the lady that she could not have emailed me with out my ffl ariving there. when i finaly had a copy on file she then told me they were sending them out. then a week had passed with no charges to my card. i called and they said they had sold out and more were to be sent in a week. after all this nonsense it was a 5 week ordeal. i had given myself almost 2 month to do this project and it was reduced to a couple of weeks due to waiting on global. then to top it all off. when the package came there was no packing paper at all! there were 2 receivers rattling around with a recipt. i couldnt beleive it. i think im going to try nodak instead now. i was a huge fan of theirs until this happened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts