1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if an A6 flash suppressor/booster will function with .308 ammo. If not, is it possible to sleeve it down to the .308 dimensions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
advice

I tried shooting .308 with a USGI a6 hider and it would not cycle at all. I tried to have a collar welded into it and I couldnt seem to get it right. The only thing I did was wreck a nice flash hider........then someone told me that certain .308 ammo will work with the a6 hider......the expensive stuff.

Todd

·
Legendary Donor
2,485 Posts
I just went ahead and made a copy of one with the smaller hole for shooting 308. One other thing I found out about my gun is that using the 30-06 flash hider and A4 style(weight) barrel in 8mm it would not function either, just to much barrel weight for the booster hole size. Just my observations

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Flash Hider

My stock Flash Hider would work sometime and sometime would not while shooting. To solve this problem, I drilled and tapped the inside of the Flash Hider and made a bushing to screw in. To keep the bushing in, I used red Loctite and it works perfectly now. I don't remember the hole size, but it is the same diameter as the .308 Booster.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Flash Hider

I have one .308 gun that runs fine with the .30-06 Flash Hider and one that won't. Go figure?

I went ahead and modified both mine for .308 and I have a spare still for .30-06 just in case I ever want to run that caliber.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
i sleeve all my m-6 flash hiders, also have offerd this service to alot of folks on this board,if you want it sleeved email me and i will give you the skinny... i have 3 to do now and would like to do them all at the same time. so if you have one you want done it would be a good time to do it.:)

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
It's amazing how some will and some won't. My gun with an M6 flash hider runs '06 and 8mm perfectly. I don't have any 308 guns.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Another Kali no no...

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I have a semi-auto M1919A6 in the free People's Democratic State of NJ. In order to be legal with the Assault Weapons Ban. Thats right these idiots think the M1919A6 is an assault weapon with the flash hider, pistol grip and belt (Must be 15 rounds or less). I easily constructed a booster for the A6 from a blank adapter. I welded up the gas relief holes around the blank adapter and drilled a .500 inch hole through the front. I ran through the M1919A6 several hundred rounds and it works great. Its a lot cheaper and it works.

fjruple

·
Registered
106 Posts
Booster Mod

Listen to Lance (Targshoot) he knows what he's talking about. He did two for me, works great. Reasonable price too. No 308's Lobo? I knew there was something weird about you. Jim

·
Registered
52 Posts
Dang. We in MD are praying that our Republican governor wins a second term. He has been hamstrung by the Democratic legislature who've killed his initiatives to install slot machines at race tracks only and other ideas that would make balancing the budget easier.

The minute a Dem gets elected the AWB gets a new life.

Oh yeah let me rant...Sportsman's Guide refuses to ship MD legal 20 round magazines to MD because...they're afraid of the legal consequences. ...rant off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
UncleDad said:
Here in NJ, the AWB prohibits for weapons with a detachable magazine to 2 evil features, one that can be "a pistol grip that protrudes con****uously beneath the action of the weapon" plus one other evilfeature, such as a bayonet lug or a folding stock. Oh the horror! Anyway, as the 1919a4 or a6 has a pistol grip that comes out of the back of the weapon, and does not "protrude con****uously beneath the action of the weapon", I do not believe it falls under the NJ definition of a banned assault weapon. Either way, I have a flash hider on my NJ legal 1919a4, but Ive put some spade grips on it, so there is no pistol grip at all. Now, where can I find a 1919a4 bayonet?
UncleDad, you're a funny guy. Are all Jersians like you?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts