1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would be nice to have the USGI parts. I already have an Israeli set, so I got that going for me. MSG

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Even at 850 or whatever the price was, while it seems high and the shipping hurts. Isn't bad for a complete kit
A barrel alone sold for $450 last week and was nothing special.
An original bbl jacket will set you back a bit.
The 2 clips will be $50 bucks
Bipods are avl in the $100 range....some way less but shipping from Greece will hurt.
GI stock is about a Benji $100.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
I remember they had a limited supply, so maybe they all sold. Or it could be the add expired - they only run special add stuff for a day.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
There were 6 total.

I pieced mine together for probly a touch less than their price a couple years ago. Still need a GI stock...passed on a bunch of them over the years.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
The only part that's hard to find or that expensive is the barrel. Originals have become rather scarce. I have a fair number of USGI A6 sets, short the barrel. If anyone is interested, I can figure out a price. Eventually, I'll have new made barrels too. Got 100 blanks done, just not able to get on machining them the rest of the way yet. Meanwhile, Greaser has, I think, some 308 A6 barrels and/or can cut any A4 barrel to that spec.

Considering the barrel was included, that OOW price was not horrible, just full retail. I used to get those barrels from them cheap, years ago. Wish I had more now!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I jumped on a USGI A6 kit years ago for $750 which included a 30-06 and 308 barrel, shroud, booster, grip, stock, carry handle and complete bipod - very glad I did! That's one build I'm keeping together.

·
Registered
512 Posts
A friend of mine had this at the creek with a $150 price tag on it. Said no one hardly looked at it. It's got some rust issues on the outside, but the bore is like new. I was over at his place about a week ago and he offered me a deal on it knowing I was a sucker for 1919 parts. So now it resides at my place.

Steve

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
You did well. Last A6 barrel I got was a WWII SG in extremely nice condition for about $125, and that was a bargain in today's prices.

·
Registered
939 Posts

Plenty of A6 stuff still floating around out there, just gotta look a little harder these days. Ebay and Gunbroker only scratch the surface of what parts people actually have for sale or trade. I don't think OOW's price is unfair but you can do MUCH better just piecing an A6 kit together.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
View attachment 13070
Plenty of A6 stuff still floating around out there, just gotta look a little harder these days. Ebay and Gunbroker only scratch the surface of what parts people actually have for sale or trade. I don't think OOW's price is unfair but you can do MUCH better just piecing an A6 kit together.
Have any sources for in a6 barrel I really could use three but one would be great

·
Registered
57 Posts
BMG had them last time I checked but I don't think he sells individual barrels anymore, if you need 3 might not hurt to give Rick a call.
If you can get 4 let me know and I'll buy one from you! I have been looking for a A6 barrel since I got my 1919A6 with only an A4 barrel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A friend of mine had this at the creek with a $150 price tag on it. Said no one hardly looked at it. It's got some rust issues on the outside, but the bore is like new. I was over at his place about a week ago and he offered me a deal on it knowing I was a sucker for 1919 parts. So now it resides at my place.

Steve
If that is taking up too much space at your place, I'll take it off your hands with a nice profit. ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
fn111557, Sorry, but I think it is going to stay here for a while. Since this seems to be the hard part for a GI A6 kit I may just have to put one together.

Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts