1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Israeli or USGI A6?

Stump

Which way do you want to go.....Israeli or USGI A6? If you go Izzy, striker answered your question. If USGI, there's a little more involved. You can see a pic of a USGI here

amish-bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys, Can I use my standard A4 barrel and shroud with either US or Issy ? I already have the flash supressor and carry handle :D

Is the Izzy bipod a lot different than the USGI, do they look about the same ? I'm trying to put togeather a A6 for a Korean War Display but most people wont know the difference between the US and Issy probably ?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Stump

In a word, No. USGI A4 and A6 barrels and jackets are different. The whole front end is different on an A6.

I'd say that the USGI and Izzy bipods are very different. But, you're right.....most drooling goobers would never know the difference if you don't really care about accuracy in your display.

amish-bob
(Rob S in PA)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to be sure, Are the barrel and jacket on the A6 a different size or length compared to the A4 ? In other words I will have to purchase another barrel and jacket too because my A4 barrel and shroud wont work, right ?

I will probably get the parts a few pieces at the time, dont want to drop the coins for a A4 to A6 conversion kit right now.:D

·
Registered
595 Posts
The USGI shroud on an A6 is shorter than on an A4.

·
Registered
18 Posts
xkss62 said:
The USGI shroud on an A6 is shorter than on an A4.
That is news to me, but then just about everything is. I have an A4 & shroud with A6 flash hider. Is there a problem with that?

·
Registered
886 Posts
The more I look into it it just keeps getting more and more $$$$,,I might just go with tripod for WW2 displays and use Izzy A6 for range,,man its like crack,,you just cant stop!:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Stump44 said:
Just to be sure, Are the barrel and jacket on the A6 a different size or length compared to the A4 ? In other words I will have to purchase another barrel and jacket too because my A4 barrel and shroud wont work, right ?

I will probably get the parts a few pieces at the time, dont want to drop the coins for a A4 to A6 conversion kit right now.:D
Two primary differences between the Izzy and USGI a6 set-ups:

IZZY uses the standard "A4" bbl and shroud
USGI uses a smaller profile "A6"-SPECIFIC bbl and a shorter shroud

IZZY uses a Bipod that clamps AROUND the A-4 bbl shroud
USGI uses a bipod that is integral with the shroud and booster/f-h

There are some other minute differences, but those are the main differences. You will know that you've seen the "Real-Deal" when you do!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok thanks, That helps me. who sells the USGI barrel & shroud assy with everything that's A6 ? Sarco has a few Izzy parts, but that's all I know.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts