1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to pile up a list of things to do in the house this winter, so I don't go completely nuts.. I was thinking of trying to make a a6 style wooden shoulder stock. Does anyone have a schematic of the measurements or specs on one of these? I personally like to look of wood and steel together, any info would help. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I'd get an A6 stock, cut it near the wrist, use that end as a ferrule, make a wood stock that slides into it, and pin it in place. That way you can make the stock out of plywood if you want- very easy. I think it would look darned good too, particularly with an A6 wood carry handle. Then make a nice wood tube that slips over the shroud and you have a very unique looking piece.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd get an A6 stock, cut it near the wrist, use that end as a ferrule, make a wood stock that slides into it, and pin it in place. That way you can make the stock out of plywood if you want- very easy. I think it would look darned good too, particularly with an A6 wood carry handle. Then make a nice wood tube that slips over the shroud and you have a very unique looking piece.
Very good point, I kind of wanted to get around without owning a actual metal a6 shoulder stock though. I am still in the building phase so I guess that may change a time or two.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
....You quit eatin' the mushrooms you pick in your front yard, Frog. They're startin' to affect your judgement. :help:
:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue: No Shrooms just crazy like a fox :D,besides veneer can be stripped off easy not so with chrome .

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I have been trying to upload a picture for half an hour but this system just won't let it happen. The dimensions are :

Metal M1919A6 stock
Length overall: 16 inches
Top to bottom distance at thickest part: 5-1/2 inches
From the back (top) to the bottom of the curve: 4-1/2 inches

The inside dimensions of the tube that goes over the backplate extension can be had by measuring the backplate.

If you are going to make one from wood you don't need the dimensions of the metal one just make it so as to be comfortable for you.

·
Premium Member
6,936 Posts
If I was home I could trace a metal one out for you and send it to you but I won't be there until mid December but maybe one of the other guys could help. Sounds like a cool project none the less and walnut would be a much better choice than plywood.... just sayin :rolleyes: Russ

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Still looking for measurements or schematics if anyone has them
Send me an e-mail and I can reply with drawings, so long as you can accept an attachment between 5 and 10 megs. rollin13 AT juno DOT com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been trying to upload a picture for half an hour but this system just won't let it happen. The dimensions are :

Metal M1919A6 stock
Length overall: 16 inches
Top to bottom distance at thickest part: 5-1/2 inches
From the back (top) to the bottom of the curve: 4-1/2 inches

The inside dimensions of the tube that goes over the backplate extension can be had by measuring the backplate.

If you are going to make one from wood you don't need the dimensions of the metal one just make it so as to be comfortable for you.
Thanks a lot for the info!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I was home I could trace a metal one out for you and send it to you but I won't be there until mid December but maybe one of the other guys could help. Sounds like a cool project none the less and walnut would be a much better choice than plywood.... just sayin :rolleyes: Russ
Absolutely Russ! I was wanting to find some nice hard wood to start it from. I am keeping my eyes open for that too!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Send me an e-mail and I can reply with drawings, so long as you can accept an attachment between 5 and 10 megs. rollin13 AT juno DOT com
Email sent! I should be able to get that on gmail I would say... Thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts