1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I bought a set from Allegheny Arsenal and they appear brand new. Does anyone out there have information on how to install them ? A link to a manual would be...peachy keen. DD:rolleyes:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well first thing . are they for the '46 or '50 model???
...I don't know that. No manual. The sights came in a leather case; no instructions. But I've got Dennis building me a 1946, so I'm covered either way. Once I learn how to install them, that is.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...Yeah, I figured that out and tried it: it worked. But the rub is with the back sight. Militariarg.com has a photo of the AA sights on the gun, but it's not clear enough to tell how they hook up. I made reference to 3 Argy manuals yesterday, but nothing on AA sights.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Azguns vid on yute tube shows how on the one they're supposed to fit.

I bought a set and was all woo yeah.. and they didnt fit my model cause my receiver was a non carry handle, vert slot in rear for the AA sights.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I also bought a set like those and they aren't really made for the later 1940's/50's guns. I think these go to the Norwegian guns from the 1920's... Bob will probably know for sure. The one on my video has the spider set that attaches to the front sight and the pointer attaches to the rear sight. There is another variation wear the spider sight attached with a clamp around the barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts