1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Grass Groundcover Machine Outdoor table

Plant Grass Land lot Wood Shade
Howdy gentleman, Here is my RTI 1919a6 parts kit with an AA tripod! The adapter and buffer can holder w/ pintle all came from @Jan-Steven Merson, Outstanding craftsmanship on every part I received. From order placed to shipped to my house it was insanely fast even for being all the way across the country and the packaging was VERY protective, no corners were cut with packaging which I really appreciated. While this is just a mock setup currently I’m still accumulating a few things parts in the meantime while I slowly work on getting this 1919 ready and firing :) Videos of this in action and more closeup’s will be posted soon! Thanks again Jan for the hookup! 10/10

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
OMG somebody PLEASE photoshop an Orange Ommpa-Looma behind that midget height AA setup!!!

It looks good, Id love to see how stable it is in operation. Are you planning on building yourself or shopping it out?

·
Registered
7,887 Posts
Nice set up. There is no limit to this kind of innovation with all kinds of adaptation's available.

Still waiting for someone to reproduce or adapt a piece that will allow a Lewis gun to be placed on a Vickers or M2 tripod. The original adapter was shown in Robert Segel's book in the Lewis gun section,an all brass piece. Tempted to purchase a piece of brass bar stock and try to cobble one with my limited machine tool...mill and lathe...knowledge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OMG somebody PLEASE photoshop an Orange Ommpa-Looma behind that midget height AA setup!!!

It looks good, Id love to see how stable it is in operation. Are you planning on building yourself or shopping it out?
It’s actually really funny I have a dwarf best friend from HS and I was showing him the rig and he said it’s perfect for him at that height, Once I get it going I’ll have a video with him shooting, he likes the jokes so it’ll all be in Good fun; And I plan on building it myself with my pops to completion. We practically have everything done so I’m super excited to show it to you guys here soon, I’m not sure how stable it will be with legs folded completely down without some reinforcement but when it’s standing upright and with a weighted bucket I imagine it will be just fine, with the buffer can holder I got from Jan it has added weight tremendously to the entire setup.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
View attachment 118267
View attachment 118266 Howdy gentleman, Here is my RTI 1919a6 parts kit with an AA tripod! The adapter and buffer can holder w/ pintle all came from @Jan-Steven Merson, Outstanding craftsmanship on every part I received. From order placed to shipped to my house it was insanely fast even for being all the way across the country and the packaging was VERY protective, no corners were cut with packaging which I really appreciated. While this is just a mock setup currently I’m still accumulating a few things parts in the meantime while I slowly work on getting this 1919 ready and firing :) Videos of this in action and more closeup’s will be posted soon! Thanks again Jan for the hookup! 10/10
Your are very welcome
Jan

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Nice set up. There is no limit to this kind of innovation with all kinds of adaptation's available.

Still waiting for someone to reproduce or adapt a piece that will allow a Lewis gun to be placed on a Vickers or M2 tripod. The original adapter was shown in Robert Segel's book in the Lewis gun section,an all brass piece. Tempted to purchase a piece of brass bar stock and try to cobble one with my limited machine tool...mill and lathe...knowledge.
I too have wanted the Lewis adapter for the Vickers tripod.
I was offered one at $2K and didn't buy it.
Only time I have been close to owning one.
However, I ran across this "gem" in the Omega weapons buyout.
The first picture is what the issue one looks like....

Cannon Grass Plant Bicycle part Auto part

Here is what I discovered.... it is marked "Mill Creek Armory 004"

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Bicycle part

Richard

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Is that for sale, looks like it might work on an 08/15 Maxim?
Its here in my basement at home.
I never actually tried it around the LEWIS steel cooling jacket.
I guess I do need to do that.
I never thought about the 08/15 Maxim, hopefully I will have a chance to try the fit in the next few months.
I have no intent to have this adapter manufactured.
Long ago I hoped someone would copy the original British adapter.

Richard

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Wood Fender

Grass Gas Metal Machine Auto part

Fixture Handle Household hardware Wood Security

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Thanks Richard now I have something else to look for! This board and the members here will cause all of us to go broke.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Thanks Richard now I have something else to look for! This board and the members here will cause all of us to go broke.

AAHH! The thrill of the hunt!
Followed by that elation of finding the rare gem that has eluded you thru the years!

Richard

·
Premium Member
82 Posts

If you can't do it, call me, maybe I might be able to assist???

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
View attachment 118267
View attachment 118266 Howdy gentleman, Here is my RTI 1919a6 parts kit with an AA tripod! The adapter and buffer can holder w/ pintle all came from @Jan-Steven Merson, Outstanding craftsmanship on every part I received. From order placed to shipped to my house it was insanely fast even for being all the way across the country and the packaging was VERY protective, no corners were cut with packaging which I really appreciated. While this is just a mock setup currently I’m still accumulating a few things parts in the meantime while I slowly work on getting this 1919 ready and firing :) Videos of this in action and more closeup’s will be posted soon! Thanks again Jan for the hookup! 10/10
Beautiful, now all you need is a a spaded grip 550 at BMG parts, the owner is very knowledgeable on the Browning 1919 and more.
Looking good
Jan-Steven

1 - 15 of 15 Posts