1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alas the AA Tripod Stabilizer Kit has arrived!

If your currently using an AA Tripod you've probably already know that the Tripod legs tend to unlock themselves under rapid-fire which can cause the Tripod to move around.This kit was designed to solve that problem.The Stabilizer kit simply clamps onto the legs of your tripod and when adjusted correctly it will make your AA Tripod one rock-solid shooting platform.
The kit contains all hardware to make installation a snap and no modifications are neccesary to your tripod.This kit is fully adjustable and comes in standard OD Green.

This is a must have item for all AA Tripod Shooters.Works Great!

More pics can be seen here....
http://shoot1919a4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=330

Price is $100 shipped anywhere in the US.

Any questions please ask!

Thanks guys!:D

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,205 Posts
Rich, that is sweet! I'm gonna need one of those by September 24th! :D

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Sweet! I'm down for 1! :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Will it allow me to spread the legs out nice and wide?

I sometimes set mine up nice and low so I can sit behind it and not worry so much about blown casses hitting me in the nads ;) (I've never blown a case but I kep hearing about it).

I never have the legs open up when it's setup tall... just when I spead out the legs so it's nice and low.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BigMac,
Yes you can use this mechanism with the legs spread out even more.You will just have to slide the Stabilizer up the legs higher and then re-tighten to your desired height.
In the pic shown the legs are spread at best possible angle.Always shoot with the 1 rear leg positioned right under your trigger finger.Stake the legs to the ground using camping stakes and this tripod shouldnt move under fire.:)

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried the chain thing already and no worky.:confused: If you set the AA Tripod up and lock the legs into position and rock the legs back and forth with your hand the leg will tend to unlock themselves.I found that the legs likes to unlock when you bounce them inward (similating rapid-firing) movement.The only thing the chain will accomplish is that it will keep the legs from moving outward but not inward.
I have found that when you set your AA Tripod up and lock the legs into position and then pull them "in" so that they stay in the locked position they will not move under fire.The chain IMHO doent keep the legs from moving inward under-fire.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts