1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
“America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.”

SO WHAT!? I don't see what business the state has in marriages anyway except to collect money -- and for that purpose, there's lots of other things they have no right to be in!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
12,505 Posts
This is absolutely not the forum to discuss this issue.

I have removed the initial post and will delete any other that pops up after.

derogatory terms and name calling will get you banned in a hot second as well.

Rory

·
Registered
229 Posts
I can probably guess what this thread originally dealt with but does that mean that the Open Talk and Political Flames forums doesn't really deal with "anything" one wants to discuss but is limited to what the moderators want to allow? In some cases it might make sense, but is this case an attempt to be politically correct? I would think that if nobody wants to discuss a subject, that they will just ignore it, not respond and it will just go away. Instead of just saying "we're not going to talk about that here". What's the deal?

·
12,505 Posts
any time one uses derogatory comments in regard to people (race, religion, sexual orientation, etc) it is cause for removal.

as for what is acceptable in the open talk and political flames area it is at the moderators discretion. Preach hate and or vitriol and it really just isn't welcome here. Keep in mind that my name is attached to this forum and am on some level responsible for the content. We are all adults... mostly, and can act as such. the moderators are all tasked with keeping it pretty friendly, and for the most part it has been for the last few years.

the original post crossed all lines and will not be tolerated.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...hand slap...?

OK....now that I have been advised...no...TOLD...I cannot discuss the last 2-SCOTUS decisions,where else can I post my disgust and down-right revulsion about them...? Hmmmm...? I don't care how many gender-confused and others are 'disturbed' by this discussion. No one has the right to NOT be disturbed or NOT have their 'feelings hurt'. 'Hurtful' language...give me a break. Now if I used the 'N'-word,then it would be hurtful or derogatory. But to call 'gender-confused' folks 'f-----s' or terms that were common place for the last 100 yrs...too bad. I'll take my lumps,Rory. I respect you as the moderator and the fact that you took it personally. It was not my intention to inflict harm on any particular individual.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
state licenses?

So the court said that states must recognize licenses granted by other states, does this include concealed carry and medical weed,according to what the liberal claim it should,I would hope someone is on this already!

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
OK....now that I have been advised...no...TOLD...I cannot discuss the last 2-SCOTUS decisions,where else can I post my disgust and down-right revulsion about them...? Hmmmm...? I don't care how many gender-confused and others are 'disturbed' by this discussion. No one has the right to NOT be disturbed or NOT have their 'feelings hurt'. 'Hurtful' language...give me a break. Now if I used the 'N'-word,then it would be hurtful or derogatory. But to call 'gender-confused' folks 'f-----s' or terms that were common place for the last 100 yrs...too bad. I'll take my lumps,Rory. I respect you as the moderator and the fact that you took it personally. It was not my intention to inflict harm on any particular individual.
Now now Len - we all know you tend to be a little outspoken at times :D

I will admit though - it is VERY hard for me to see and understand the urgency to remove a confederate battle flag from a flagpole and see it replaced with a rainbow flavored striped flag which stands for.....well.....equality in marriage?????

I'll let Len fill in the blanks. :)

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...at times...?

....always....LOL. Already tried to fill in the blanks...and got my face slapped. As a retired vet,GGgrandfather,business owner for over 40 yrs. and now being told not to say words that I have used for over 60+ years...it just galls me. I will refrain from exact language and maintain a sense of....propriaty...? Wait 'til the shooting starts. Lets see where 'political-correectness' gets the liberals and how many survive to cry about it. I protest....but I also want to stay in the 'brotherhood' and maintain my 'man-of-the-cloth' stature....LOL.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
To use someones quote from here on the forum, "Say what you mean and mean what you say".
And then to add my own: "Damn those who try to suppress the freedom of speech".
Good for you Len for standing up for what you believe in, we need more people like you! :thumbup:
To hell with political correctness anyway!!
Sorry if I have offended any of you but trust me................ eventually you will get over it. :rofl:
CaptMax

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
politically correct

Being politically correct never hurt anyone! Oh wait, there are those 6 million Jews, the Christians in the middle east, and millions of others who did as they were told and trusted their leaders!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Much in the same fashion that folks complain about new guys using the site as a for sale forum, there will be those who object to the site being a soundboard for opinion. I have no horse in either race. I enjoy the banter, arguments, name calling, eff-u's and etc. I cannot take sides. I will say I am exposed to a part of society most folks never see and cannot fathom. The HBO show "The Wire" comes to mind. I take it for granted I will find both sides of the isle in this odd group. My desire for unity here is based on the firearms trade and its environs. Please do not ask me to elucidate my opinion on various whatnot. It is just as bad as yours. Trust me. Let us remember the words of Bambi's mother. J

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
All I am saying is what is this world coming to when the internet is becoming censored?
When transgendered and transethnic are becoming commonplace terminology?
And when a kid gets kicked out of school for biting his pop tart into the shape of a firearm?
It sure is going to hell in a hand basket in a hurry! Either that or I am getting old very quickly. :eek:
CaptMax

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Somebody pass the popcorn.

I LOVE internet drama.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Tax break

I think we should give them a tax break. They are not going to reproduce and put kids in schools.

What someone has between their legs and what they do with it is SO none of my business. Or the government's business, either. I do think it's foolish to let one's sexuality define oneself.

My little girl, in her first year of college advised me that she thought she might like girls. I said, " Well, sweetie, spit won't get you pregnant, just don't let it define you." It was a pop culture induced phase that quickly passed.

But this is a slippery slope. I really love my dog. I want him on my health care policy. Who are you to say what love is? Next, I have an unnatural attraction for a fine oak tree. I'm sure it's tree love...Can we marry? Why knot?

I agree that political correctness has gone too far. Lesbians are now 'vagitarians' !!!

I learned that in a lesbian bar in Alaska. I stumbled into the Klondike Bar by mistake.

Idiots will prevail until we finally say NO

I will go on record as agreeing with Rory on the matter of decorum. Let's maintain the dignity of this site.

By the way, ' ******' is an old English term for a bundle of sticks that is to be burned, which they did exactly so upon finding someone to be homosexual. No right minded person, no matter how conservative would suggest that's a proper thing to do.

Ryland Fleet

Inventor of same sex tree love

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I think we should give them a tax break. They are not going to reproduce and put kids in schools.

What someone has between their legs and what they do with it is SO none of my business. Or the government's business, either. I do think it's foolish to let one's sexuality define oneself.

My little girl, in her first year of college advised me that she thought she might like girls. I said, " Well, sweetie, spit won't get you pregnant, just don't let it define you." It was a pop culture induced phase that quickly passed.

But this is a slippery slope. I really love my dog. I want him on my health care policy. Who are you to say what love is? Next, I have an unnatural attraction for a fine oak tree. I'm sure it's tree love...Can we marry? Why knot?

I agree that political correctness has gone too far. Lesbians are now 'vagitarians' !!!

I learned that in a lesbian bar in Alaska. I stumbled into the Klondike Bar by mistake.

I will go on record as agreeing with Rory on the matter of decorum. Let's maintain the dignity of this site.

By the way, ' ******' is an old English term for a bundle of sticks that is to be burned, which they did exactly so upon finding someone to be homosexual. No right minded person, no matter how conservative would suggest that's a proper thing to do.

Ryland Fleet

Reminds me of the lesbian tennis shoes they designed and then recalled. They were called "*****".
Problem was the tongues weren't long enough. :rofl:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts

Ryland Fleet

Well put. I hired, fired, supervised and was supervised by gay/lesbian personnel during my entire career. Most were exemplary troopers who did the two things I asked of everyone in my squads - show up and do the work the public pays you for. A few became good friends. All seemed hugely relieved that I truly didn't care about who or what they slept with.

That said, I have also dealt with civilian radical gay activists who seem to want not only equality but retribution and maybe even ascendancy. Like the Al Sharpton's of the "race wars" they do great damage, in my opinion, to those who simply wanted to live peacefully and productively in the greater community.

More to the point of this board, I wonder if we 1919 types can now petition SCOTUS for the right to "marry" our firearms? If so, can we take each one as a separate spousal deduction on our federal income taxes? Since the kids grew up and moved out I have really missed that opportunity. :(

1 - 20 of 63 Posts