1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning all, well my 1919 is finally finished! Ill post some pictures once my files upload to my slow gov pc. One question, I noticed that there is a small allen screw on the semi auto trigger. What is the screw for?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
You are probably referring to the screw on an izzy modified lockframe for adjusting the timing on a full auto 1919. Commonly repurposed for the semi trigger return spring. Some semis do not use this feature.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Close bud, but not the one that is on the lock frame. On the actual trigger there is a small screw, Ill take a picture tonight.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
If you are referring to the KMP trigger, that set screw retains the assembly with the spring behind it. I've seen these vary in terms of how deep they are seated in the bar, but I don't think there is any functional adjustment there. You certainly can change how much pre load on the spring, but that will only effect the trigger bar tension and that's unrelated to the "feel" that the shooter gets. I doubt the bar reset changes much with the tension there but, as always, I could be wrong!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are referring to the KMP trigger, that set screw retains the assembly with the spring behind it. I've seen these vary in terms of how deep they are seated in the bar, but I don't think there is any functional adjustment there. You certainly can change how much pre load on the spring, but that will only effect the trigger bar tension and that's unrelated to the "feel" that the shooter gets. I doubt the bar reset changes much with the tension there but, as always, I could be wrong!
That's it! Thanks, just wondering. Shoots fine for me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts