1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I often thought I would make it to the field with this. Once took it to a gun show for display.......kinda shattered my idea of a field trip. Had to have 4 guys from a local mfgr'ing facility come here after work just to get the pylon up out of the basement. Before going back, I had a plasma cutter take out all the superfluous wt from the pylon.......still plenty heavy......... The pylon is pure Ohio Ordinance, the top part is US vehicle (so I was told??), the rest of it is probably WW 2 field expedient. I suspect this expedient part of the mount may have fitted into a tube concreted into a wall outside one of the bigger gun emplacements in northern France. Who could know for sure.????

I had it in mind to slot two 8ft 2" pipes to fit on the web of the pylon support with 3/4 bolt through as close up as possible, would have to weld a shovel blade appendage onto the other end to dig into the ground. Then, drive at least four 1" stakes in and out side of the base ring. A few stratigically placed sand bags would also help.

Then there is ammo supply. Shooting off a parapet wall several feet wide probably wasnt much of a problem. However, some jackleg standing behind this abortion in a hay field have to have something a bit handier. Some bolt on small angle would have held small amount of ammo. Would probably be just a burp shooter anyway.

Picts aint great, too heavy to move, too much junk on the wall in the background to make nice clean pictures.......such is life.

PJH

DSC00809.JPG
DSC00810.JPG
DSC00811.JPG
DSC00812.JPG
DSC00813.JPG

·
11,839 Posts
PJ, if you want to take this out, i just need some time and we can have enough people there to help move it out and put it back in place after.

rory

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I see that now Rory. My phone has a small screen. I was focused on the top set. Bot do i feel stupid..

·
11,839 Posts
ive drooled over that set up many times in person, and if the mount wasnt so heavy i would have tried to carry the whole thing out with me many times!

really though, its an amazing set up.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Hmmmm....what's with all the wire mesh coverings on the windows??? 👀😉

Nice Room / Sanctuary.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Put me on the heavy lifting and ammo loading squad as well. I can bring some 40mm to add to the fun.
-Jake

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Does it feed from individual cans,and where do they mount? Looks like it would be a lot of fun,if a bit pricey!

·
11,839 Posts
Does it feed from individual cans,and where do they mount? Looks like it would be a lot of fun,if a bit pricey!
1600 rounds per minute for each gun. so a twin is 3200 rpm and a quad is 6400 rounds per minute!!! thats mini gun speeds without the giant battery.

right now 8mm is silly but even before this year it was 40 cents per round plus. at 40 cents though that is $2560 per minute!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts