1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there people, first of all id like to say how jelous i am of you americans being alowed guns over there, the law in england doesnt take too kindly to people with .30 cal machine guns lol

anyway back to the point, im an airsofter and im trying to build a 1919a4 for use in skirmishes, im planning to use AEG internals and i have an idea on how im going to make it i just dont know the sizes, so if anyone can make a detalied list of sizes, such as outer barrel diameter and length, height width and length of the main body and some details on the grip then id be very thankful

cheers,
John

(sorry if this is in the wrong place btw)

·
Registered
169 Posts
while I don't have the dimensions handy, IIRC this was covered on the old website at least once. it may have been for a paintball conversion but I'm pretty sure the guy needed dimensions as well. try a search for "airsoft" or "paintball" on the archives and you should come up with the info you need.
HTH
mcj600

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I have a Izzy kit and I've been collecting all the airsoft parts nessisary to build one.

One big point is that none of the typical gearboxes will fit. Heck the P90 doesn't even fit! it's too tall by over an inch!!! :mad: You'll have to go with a M249 gearbox. Luckily, STAR makes some new replacement drop-in gearboxes specifically for the M249. I recommend picking up one of those. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill be using a UTG mp5 internals for now, only because i have been donated one towards my project lol

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all your help guys, i have the basic mesurments now, just need a few more detailed ones, how long is the opening part on the top? how long is the bolt handle 'hole'? also how long is the belt feed 'part'?

sorry for my lack of part name knowledge

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
"UTG" ? :eek:

that's a 3rd rate garbage company. You lost all credability with me there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know utg is crap, i use CA guns when im skirmishing, i just cant afford a CA gearbox/have one spare that is suitable for the job, i was given the UTG gearbox, and its compatible with marui parts so i can upgrade it.

ive decided to do a 1919a6 instead of a4 now, it looks more skirmishable.

can anyone post dimensions of the top cover, and if possible a picture of the gun from above with the cover open please, also pictures of the left and right sideplates would be useful, for some reason i cant get detailed pictures of them online

thanks
John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts