1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can list a rivet kit there are a few one there. It is all about the wording of your list. Sometimes have to be creative. Ridiculous how eBay tries to regulate their site.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I should get this. The ATF gave me a runaround on the parts kit machine gun I manufactured this week. Took a bit to get the form 2 approved.

Going to count the money in the piggy bank.....

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
You can list a rivet kit there are a few one there. It is all about the wording of your list. Sometimes have to be creative. Ridiculous how eBay tries to regulate their site.
I had them listed there for about a year, and one by one they told me each type of set violated their "Assault Rifle" parts ban, and removed my listings. I tried to appeal, but they were simply not in a receive mode. Apparently crew served weapons are now considered assault rifles. Someone may be able to get away with an occasional listing, but I was trying to maintain a permanent presence. No dice. MSG

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Why would they give you the runaround on a form2
I am not sure - but really worries me. I put two 240B's on a form 2 and they were approved in abou 24 hours. The third I sent in was rejected. I go this back:

This form 2 was returned without action with the following reason.

MACHINE GUN MUST BE REGISTERED WITH ORIGINAL MANUFACTURE OF THE LOWER RECEIVER. PLEASE RESUBMIT WITH THE CORRECTION AND/OR PHOTOS OF THE RECEIVERS MARKINGS.

Which means that the weapon that you are registering should be registered under the original manufacture. Unless you have made the weapon from complete scratch, it needs to be registered in the original manufacture. This is including all parts of your weapon. If there is a part of your weapon that was previously manufactured by another company they should be listed as the manufacturer on the form 2. If you need any further help with this one, please let me know. When you resubmit your form with the above corrections, just send me an email real quick with the control number for your new form and I will get it taken care of for you.​

The examiner want a list of all the parts and actually said " we are now considering all parts of a machine to be a machine gun "

This made the hair on my back stand up.

I was able to get the form 2 approved but it took a bit of work.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I am not sure - but really worries me. I put two 240B's on a form 2 and they were approved in abou 24 hours. The third I sent in was rejected. I go this back:

This form 2 was returned without action with the following reason.

MACHINE GUN MUST BE REGISTERED WITH ORIGINAL MANUFACTURE OF THE LOWER RECEIVER. PLEASE RESUBMIT WITH THE CORRECTION AND/OR PHOTOS OF THE RECEIVERS MARKINGS.

Which means that the weapon that you are registering should be registered under the original manufacture. Unless you have made the weapon from complete scratch, it needs to be registered in the original manufacture. This is including all parts of your weapon. If there is a part of your weapon that was previously manufactured by another company they should be listed as the manufacturer on the form 2. If you need any further help with this one, please let me know. When you resubmit your form with the above corrections, just send me an email real quick with the control number for your new form and I will get it taken care of for you.​

The examiner want a list of all the parts and actually said " we are now considering all parts of a machine to be a machine gun "

This made the hair on my back stand up.

I was able to get the form 2 approved but it took a bit of work.
WOW this is very interesting I have a couple in process, we'll see what happens :confused:

Also interesting that a 240 does not have a "lower receiver " but a single receiver box

·
Registered
293 Posts
Form 2 don't get approved. They get entered. They can't really deny your form unless you've done something wrong. The form 2 is not an application for any approval, it is a notice of manufacture. Keep that in mind when they give you trouble. A lot of the examiners have no clue what they're doing and will screw things up for reasons only they know. When you reply to any emails they've sent you need to insure you don't give in to the stupidity or you'll end up finding more of it as you go. Get them to read the form and its purpose and ask them to acknowledge the reciept of it. If you messed something up fix it.

Once a gun is destroyed legally it is no longer a gun and there is no other manufacturer to be put on the form.

Pretty simple for those who can read. Not so simple to those who are hired because they know how to turn on a computer.

Good luck

Frank

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Form 2 don't get approved. They get entered. They can't really deny your form unless you've done something wrong. The form 2 is not an application for any approval, it is a notice of manufacture. Keep that in mind when they give you trouble. A lot of the examiners have no clue what they're doing and will screw things up for reasons only they know. When you reply to any emails they've sent you need to insure you don't give in to the stupidity or you'll end up finding more of it as you go. Get them to read the form and its purpose and ask them to acknowledge the reciept of it. If you messed something up fix it.

Once a gun is destroyed legally it is no longer a gun and there is no other manufacturer to be put on the form.

Pretty simple for those who can read. Not so simple to those who are hired because they know how to turn on a computer.

Good luck

Frank
That was my interpretation also. I just tried to use the E-form and ran into problems. Probably just me not knowing what it is asking. Gave up and just mailed the form as normal.
Greg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts