1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did receive 5 notices to fill out the money wasted survey for the Census Bureau. After looking at the 20 plus pages of none of their business crap, I sent it back with a copy of the 4th amendment and the law governing the census bureau.
Knowing that they would not give up, I talked to the local Sheriff Dept. on the trespassing laws and posted 10 signs around the property.
4 signs on the driveway two on each side. On a Sunday, this gal drove in, walked into my shop and started trying to get me to answer her questions. I said "have a problem seeing those signs?"
I told her she was trespassing and to leave the premises. The fight was on. I was firm and yet nice to her. I advised her if she didn't leave I was going to call the sheriff and have her arrested. The sheriff told me he would have no problem arresting who ever showed up and refused to vacate. After being told I could be fined $5K for not complying which I said, "Thats nice", she left after a dozen orders to leave.

Two days later I received a letter about her coming out and getting no info from me, into the trash went the letter. About ten days after that Fedex showed up with a letter pouch from CB. I refused to accept the letter. Never heard from them again.

Don't let them bully you if you get any mail from these stoops. They say that its important info for your community (bullshit) and they will share your info with other agencies. What agencies? Do what with your info?
3.5 million notices go out each year. If you haven't received one you will. Don't back down. Tell every one in you family not to talk to them.

118 Posts
Go out to Walmart and buy two clipboards (the ones the blind people make). Buy two pens.

Download this, print out two copies, and put it on the two clipboards:

http://www.wvminers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Public-Servant-Questionnaire.pdf

Demand two forms of ID including at least one government issued photo ID and photocopy them. Hand them one of the clipboards and go over the questions with them, requiring them (under federal law) to fill out their personal information and the details of their job and inquiry, then have them sign both copies, keep one and let them take one.

Then tell them to get off your property or you will ARREST them and put in JAIL for defiant trespass.

They want to play bullshit, give it right back to them. The Constitution authorizes a census with ONE question (how many people?) every ten years. Not a blanket warrant with no due process to require anyone they choose at any time to testify about their papers and affairs.

Post that *****'s name, phone, and address on twitter "for a good time call."

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
weasel SEZ: ".... About ten days after that Fedex showed up with a letter pouch from CB. I refused to accept the letter." Nevertheless, you understand, the gubbment considers an undelivered letter, or summons, as delivered. What you do with it before or after is up to you.

GSG's_RedHeaded_StepChild SEZ, in citation of the form: "....WHICH GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER under provisions of the Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Law, and various court decision)...."

OK, help me here with my search of the first citation: Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. 552a, 88 Stat. 1896, et seq., 1974, in this otherwise unidentified "Public Servant Questionnaire." It doesn't seem to be a Gubbmint document and all I find here is relating to purchasing or carrying a firearm in Pennsylvania, the use of one's Social Security number for voting in Louisiana, and such. And these are found in section 7, not section 5. I've not bothered to search the other citations until I can verify this one. I guess I haven't read it thoroughly enough.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
What do you think would happen if the survey were returned with every question answered with the number of persons in the home?

How many vehicles do you own? 3
Are you employed? 3
What is your household income? 3

Just wondering.

118 Posts
weasel SEZ: ".... About ten days after that Fedex showed up with a letter pouch from CB. I refused to accept the letter." Nevertheless, you understand, the gubbment considers an undelivered letter, or summons, as delivered. What you do with it before or after is up to you.

GSG's_RedHeaded_StepChild SEZ, in citation of the form: "....WHICH GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER under provisions of the Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Law, and various court decision)...."

OK, help me here with my search of the first citation: Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. 552a, 88 Stat. 1896, et seq., 1974, in this otherwise unidentified "Public Servant Questionnaire." It doesn't seem to be a Gubbmint document and all I find here is relating to purchasing or carrying a firearm in Pennsylvania, the use of one's Social Security number for voting in Louisiana, and such. And these are found in section 7, not section 5. I've not bothered to search the other citations until I can verify this one. I guess I haven't read it thoroughly enough.

Carry On!
Gary
><>
It's not a gubbmint document, it was created in the private sector by a lawyer based on the privacy and disclosure requirements of federal inquiries under federal law.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
GSG's_RedHeaded_StepChild SEZ: " .... was created in the private sector .... "

Exactly! -- my point, as this is only one "legal eagle's" opinion.

" ....based on the privacy and disclosure requirements of federal inquiries under federal law."

Again, my point. Even the initial citation doesn't seem to back the opinion up.

I wouldn't want to risk leading someone down the path to a $5,000 Federal fine.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

118 Posts
GSG's_RedHeaded_StepChild SEZ: " .... was created in the private sector .... "

Exactly! -- my point, as this is only one "legal eagle's" opinion.

" ....based on the privacy and disclosure requirements of federal inquiries under federal law."

Again, my point. Even the initial citation doesn't seem to back the opinion up.

I wouldn't want to risk leading someone down the path to a $5,000 Federal fine.

Carry On!
Gary
><>
$5,000 fine is for refusing to answer number of people on the census once every ten years.

The cited laws, and questionnaire, are about ALL civil federal gubbiment inquiries, not the census specifically.

It just happens to be useful to annoy the crap out of them when they are breaking the Constitution.

On a separate issue, can you find ONE example of somebody being fined $5,000 for failing to answer the American Community Survey?

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
GSG's_RedHeaded_StepChild SEZ: "$5,000 fine is for refusing to answer number of people on the census once every ten years." YEP!

"The cited laws, and questionnaire, are about ALL civil federal gubbiment inquiries, not the census specifically." NOPE!

"It just happens to be useful to annoy the crap out of them...." YEP, and nothing else. No legal ramifications whatsoever.

".... when they are breaking the Constitution." NOPE, they are not.

If one chooses
to not participate in the Census, probably best to just ignore everything related to it and see what happens.

"On a separate issue, can you find ONE example of somebody being fined $5,000 for failing to answer the American Community Survey?" Of course not! It has no legal ramifications whatsoever. Having someone arrested on its basis would probably lead to an arrest for false arrest, possibly defamation and lots of other stuff a knowledgeable attorney could cook up.

Carry On!
Gary
><

The above, and the previous, are my opinions only and do not advocate any form of legal advice, but I can read the citations myself and believe the citations to be not relevant. YMMV

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
..once they know...

If there is ever a question that deserves an answer,it's this one. How much of your freedom and liberty are you willing to give up...? I've been able to study this issue and I have NEVER found anyone being prosecuted for not answering any of the questions not related to the central issue...how many folks live in your home. Even prisoners of war are only required to give name,rank and serial number...LOL. I've answered 5-census forms,sent them in and never gave any info other than number of folks...family...that live in my home,nothing else. If there were any other attempts to get more info....I'd call my local LE and go that route. Once they understand that you are knowledgeable about the law...they leave you alone.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
GSG's_RedHeaded_StepChild SEZ: ".... Still open for discussion with other people not looking for a fight."

Not looking for a "fight." Just don't see it worthwhile wasting time getting into trouble with the gubbmint over something with no validity. I call BS on this form. I recommend ignoring it.

Carry Onb!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
706 Posts
Sounds like the same gripe I had on the million question pre-op questionnaire doing my first colonoscopy. All of the questions try and entrap you on record to a 'possible medical condition' that you are having mental problems and there for easy to come take your guns away. Read the questions and see the pattern. Worry what new teen on the job is interpreting your medical records at gov database central. Be very careful with the doctors asking you questions and you don't know what they write down, get a copy and verify they are not exaggerating what you say when they interview you.

Many young soldiers came back from the sandbox. They were told you have benefits available to you but you have to make a claim that you have PSD post stress disorder. Many soldiers filled out the forms and made that claim just for hope that they would be getting some form of preferred consideration on job opportunities or monthly financial benefits just like handicapped injured soldiers would receive. I saw this long ago as a trap and a huge chunk fell for it who didn't need it. Then they start to see a doc a few times get prescription drugs and payments start coming in. Knock knock! You are now an unstable person and loose your right to own firearms forever. The few that really need it probably don't get the treatment they need because the program is flooded by greedy punks. Ask a WW2 vet who saw action what PSD is and they will say BS you just man up and shake it off. Nam comes and goes and there are 100 times more PSD as they enter the touchy feely generation. Now look and many soldiers get PSD in basic training and I'd be surprised shouting isn't considered abusive treatment. What are we producing these days girlymen with no guns????

I started off with intrusion but got off track... hahaha sorry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts