1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

is there a Ammo box that mounts to the 1919 Browning(30-06)? If so where to find?

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
It mounts via the pawl pin in the left side plate. They will work fine for your 30-06, but for 308 or 8mm a person will have to grind some off the front cart stop and 308 rear feed guide for the can ears to fit.

If shooting from an AA tripod it will work great and okay on a M2 pod...as long as you don't swivel too far to the left...the tall can hits the pod leg...I think the 100 rdr clears it, but couldn't swear to it. If shooting off a bipod the left side of the gun will be so heavy that it will rotate the bipod leftward. To prevent that I replaced the short cap screws in the bipod with longer one's and tightened them down to lock the rotating collar.

I don't know of a standard GI cradle that works with the M2 pod without hitting the legs...others can correct me.

For vehicle mounting or re-enacting where you're carryng the gun a lot it's kinda cool. At the range it's a pain because you gotta keep transferring belts from one can to the one fastened to the gun...it ain't a quick change deal and you'd need a lot of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WW2 usage?

Can anyone tell me if these were used during WW2 on the A4 or A6? TIA.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I have the IMA one

I have the IMA one... The only problem that I had was the pin would not go through... simple fix just ran a drill through same size as the pin lined up good. The mounts on the box were just a little crooked.

Yeah and lobo the 100 rounder clears on the M2 tripod...

You guys might want to check out the set-up that the guy sells over at
www.shoot1919a4.com for 180.00 dollars the box mounts are built into the pintel, it has a feed can that is removable and a link shoot going to another link can on the other side. Would be a good project for a home builder...

Ah Hell its 6-06-06 I'll just post the picture and see what you guys think... I think this design has merrit however I think it may hang up on the rear legs if you swing to far to the right or left but it does use standard .308 cans a person could shorten up some cans and shorten the mount a little so it could clear...:D

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
These are aftermarket cans not GI.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Most are aftermarket...

Most of the box mounts are aftermarket you don't see many that were usgi especially to fit with the use of the M2 tripod... I think that mount picture that I posted would settle the transferring of belts thing though since the cans detach... All the pictures that I have ever seen, seem to have the GI's feeding from a ammo can on the ground or an attached box that they would use from a pedestal mount.

Its all about where a person wants to go with it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts