1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
It mounts via the pawl pin in the left side plate. They will work fine for your 30-06, but for 308 or 8mm a person will have to grind some off the front cart stop and 308 rear feed guide for the can ears to fit.

If shooting from an AA tripod it will work great and okay on a M2 pod...as long as you don't swivel too far to the left...the tall can hits the pod leg...I think the 100 rdr clears it, but couldn't swear to it. If shooting off a bipod the left side of the gun will be so heavy that it will rotate the bipod leftward. To prevent that I replaced the short cap screws in the bipod with longer one's and tightened them down to lock the rotating collar.

I don't know of a standard GI cradle that works with the M2 pod without hitting the legs...others can correct me.

For vehicle mounting or re-enacting where you're carryng the gun a lot it's kinda cool. At the range it's a pain because you gotta keep transferring belts from one can to the one fastened to the gun...it ain't a quick change deal and you'd need a lot of them.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
These are aftermarket cans not GI.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts