1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
I have the IMA one

I have the IMA one... The only problem that I had was the pin would not go through... simple fix just ran a drill through same size as the pin lined up good. The mounts on the box were just a little crooked.

Yeah and lobo the 100 rounder clears on the M2 tripod...

You guys might want to check out the set-up that the guy sells over at
www.shoot1919a4.com for 180.00 dollars the box mounts are built into the pintel, it has a feed can that is removable and a link shoot going to another link can on the other side. Would be a good project for a home builder...

Ah Hell its 6-06-06 I'll just post the picture and see what you guys think... I think this design has merrit however I think it may hang up on the rear legs if you swing to far to the right or left but it does use standard .308 cans a person could shorten up some cans and shorten the mount a little so it could clear...:D

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Most are aftermarket...

Most of the box mounts are aftermarket you don't see many that were usgi especially to fit with the use of the M2 tripod... I think that mount picture that I posted would settle the transferring of belts thing though since the cans detach... All the pictures that I have ever seen, seem to have the GI's feeding from a ammo can on the ground or an attached box that they would use from a pedestal mount.

Its all about where a person wants to go with it...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts