1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Furniture Ammunition box Table Chest Crate
Has anyone ever come across a carrier like this? It holds 4 ammo cans and has two handles to carry it. The side has rwo latches that open and it opens up and lays out flat. I dont see any markings but i will clean it up this weekend and see whats under the paint. Seems pretty handy to move ammo around. Dan

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I wonder if it was used more for tanks and other armored vehicle use. It would have been a heavy load for infantry with each ammo box weighing 22 pounds. I have never seen them referred to in any manual but I don't have every manual. Did the ammo boxes come with it. I see they are M1A1 boxes (WWII era‚).

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Two new things in two days! Never have seen one of these before.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I sure could use a few of those for transporting ammo to and from the range. Could keep the ammo more segregated.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking it would be handy for a range trip too. At least the ammo boxes would stay in one place and not be sliding around in the truck. I am going to clean it up and paint it WWII OD and use it in my Jeep to hold the spare ammo cans.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I had one that came on a 4 can (WWII style) pack of POF NATO ammo and one that held 4 similar British style cans of belted NATO ammo. They are a bit handy but heavy.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I wonder if it was used more for tanks and other armored vehicle use.
I would guess that would be correct. No infantry man would be lugging that around if they were full of ammo. :eek:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
I have one of these from years ago but it was repainted and Israeli marked IIRC but know nothing about it. I picked it up for the military vehicles and CaptMax is right they are heavy when loaded so my best suggestions is do what I do, when people ask me to shoot the beltfeds I just say sure but you carry the ammo and point to that with four loaded cans :rofl:

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Cannot be as bad as lugging .50 cans loaded with projectiles:rofl:

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Apparrantly 2, of Russ's. Should have put those bad boys on a scale, they felt like 80lbs each.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts