1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the belt fed forum a member use to make all kinds of ammo can mounts for the 308 1919, he isn't doing that anymore. Are any of you aware of someone making an adapter that would alow the mounting of an ammo can GI or otherwise on to the 1919?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a can that mounts to the left side of the gun using the feed pawl pin.
It is a stand alone can not something that holds a traditional 30 cal ammo can.
You would have to transfer belts into it from your traditional ammo can.

Rick has them shown on his website.
http://www.bmgparts.com/products/250early1919.jpg

GW
Thanks, but those wont fit 308 or other calibers due to the bullet guides.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
usmc1488,
I just modified a set of guides and it works just fine in .308 ,8 mm ,762 X 54R :D .Of course i have spare sets of guides :tongue: ! I run the 100 round can .

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
usmc1488,
I just modified a set of guides and it works just fine in .308 ,8 mm ,762 X 54R :D .Of course i have spare sets of guides :tongue: ! I run the 100 round can .
That's great info!!!! By any chance do you have pictures so I can steal your idea?

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
usmc1488,
Sorry no pics but here is what i did , the box tabs fit the center boss of the LSP bracket nice and closely so i held it up against the guides and marked on the front and rear guides with an exacto knife scratch (extending it around the guide with caliper edge once they were removed ! ) where the overlapped ,pulled the guides and with a diamond wheel in a flex shat tool cut the guides just inside the scratches i got one exact ,the other i had to side wheel take a Little more off then re assembled it .
Not one bit of extra space between all the parts ,snapped into place and fitted the pin in thru the all ,with a no rattle fit :D:D:D

I use links so i decided to go with the 100 round box so the Pawl Pin was not way too stressed ,as it is Have spares !
No i have not broken one yet ... The 250 round box is much more a load trying to shear the pin :( fortunately since the bracket is clearance full thru drilled ,getting a sheared pin out can be done with a new pin and small hammer :cool:

With the 100 box it is nice and generous inside width and centered to the center of the bracket so even 30 06 has 1/4" of "slop" in the can . It actuality is a nice fit and finish box and well designed thick sheet metal very durable ,lid on mine snaps into place ,
I put a piece of inner tube rubber on the point of the gun standoff so it does not wear the park :tongue: I like it :cool::cool:.

And you can keep track of the :cashwallet: you just " Spent !! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
391 Posts
what you need 1919 Pintle Type Can Holder Bracket

what you need 1919 Pintle Type Can Holder Bracket
http://www.ordnanceresearch.com/product.asp?pID=58&cID=23

someone could make these a lot cheaper {my 2 cents }

$85 bucks I think that's a little high BUT WILL NOT fit ground tripod!!!and only on POST WW2 cans
unless you make a 1/2 size can

Auto part Arm Tool

just search for one cheaper

I paid like $30 at Knob Creek 1 or 2 yrs ago

·
Registered
318 Posts
Might have to try whooping one of them up!
Maybe try to make it where it will work with ground tripod and regular cans
Or has someone done that!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts