1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my reproduction ammo cans for the Blood Sweat and Tears V100 restoration.
The latches are a different style but they are stainless. The original weighs in at a lean 4.5lbs where mine being .018" thicker are 7.5lbs.
The part number is being laser engraved into the lid now and my daughter is making the 'right feed' and 'left feed' decals as well.

We are also fabricating the spent brass chute and can as well.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is awesome work! That type is much different than the one I have and looks larger. Maybe mine is for a different gun combination or ?
Thank you. I'm not sure how many variants there are but I made a backpack setup out of a can from a helicopter, which is different from the ones I made in these photos. This type is correct for the basket in a V100 turret but I don't know what other vehicles (if any) used them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Absolutely beautiful job on recreating these unobtainable ammo boxes!!
Well done, again, Sir!(y)
Thank you for the kind words. Limited supplies is the only thing that motivated me to build some. I would have gladly bought a pair of cans or M73 gun kits but ended up having to build both. I'll build a complete setup for the shelf in case someone ends up wanting to complete a M73 turret for a V100. It's a lot easier to build up another copy while I'm running my own.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts