1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
An enclosed cabinet makes a potentially big bomb in a fire -- rather than getting a "pop, pop, poppity, pop," with no serious consequences (the case splits, with the bullet doing little damage) one might get a big "kaboom." I store on steel shelves from Costo, or the concrete floor.

·
Registered
195 Posts
great looking storage locker! now if i can make enough money to buy that much ammo to need something that big...:)
Jason D
USAF

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Can't tell you how many of those cabinets I've had and sold over the years, back when computers were shrinking and being put into smaller and smaller cases.

I still have a few, with the beginnings of home brew transmitters and high voltage power supplies in them that I'll finish......someday.

Used to bring utility trailer loads of them to a regional radio fleamarket and sell them to guys that liked to build stuff in them. They are built very solid and can take hundreds of pounds if the framing inside is good and the wheels can take it.
Back when steel sold for peanuts, the guy where I used to cash in non ferrous scrap would give me the cabinets just to get them out of his yard because they took up so much room. Much of it was brand new stock, still wrapped in that saran wrap plastic, with rear doors, key locks and blank plates on the fronts. I had a place to store them and an outlet for them so I took all I could get, many times giving them away to fellow hams if they came and got them.

You could always add a plywood door to the front of it to secure it from prying little hands.

·
I wanna go shooting NOW!
3,251 Posts
Looks like it makes life easy Diesel!

Yeah Syd....probably consider the whole cabinet a large cap mag! :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts