1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Frog, I know you have been here for a long time, so Im going to tell you this as a friend.
I am a full time Guard guy (AGR). Im also qualified as a MP. Im also a supply sergeant, so Im going to go on a limb here and say Im a subject matter expert. Im high enough in the food chain to know everyone and not high enough to carry any real decision making clout.
1) Guard units do not just send equipment all willy nilly across the states by train. If you see GUARD unit vehicles loaded on trains, they are usually headed to Ft Polk or Ft Irwin for training exercises.
2) Those 3x3x5 rubberized bags are smoke launchers, and they are usually installed on MP vehicles. The rubber bags are covers to keep out dirt and rain.
3) There has been no 'secret' mounting of equipment. Trust me. It takes WEEKS of paperwork and red tape to move ANYTHING thru our maintenance system.
4) The National Guard, at least here in NY, has NO super secret microwave brain frying equipment. I wish we did, because Im getting sent into the thick of this nonsense this week. Most of us will just be 'brick targets' while the State Police lob the tear gas.

I really hope your post was in jest and someone says 'Scott, he was just kidding, relax'......

Be safe out there @ScottD hopefully this will pass before you ever see your first brick.

Totally serious. Be safe and godspeed.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,273 Posts
AWWW ScottD you had to spoil it !! I had to do something to raise the mood BWA HAHAHAHA hahahahahahahaha !!
I thought the 12 Ga. mini gun shooting bean bag rounds would be too tasty as we are all belt fed crazy !! Would it not be fun to take down the looter`s and arson's with one to face justice live and badly bruised !!
The level of destruction across the country is so sicking ...........I wish it were fully true !!

DEWM (Directed Energy Weapon Microwave) does exist, proof of concept is real and works i used to see a few headed for the range 10 years+ ago . The latest the emitter is no bigger than the thermal masking smoke launcher system ,the real give away the generator required . Still in development/testing though .......Test range is not far away ...... In theory entirely possible/probable to be able to do the worst ,very capable to do what the proto was in a smaller package except the generator .

No fooling about counter measure one bit though !

·
Registered
138 Posts
Be safe out there @ScottD hopefully this will pass before you ever see your first brick.

Totally serious. Be safe and godspeed.
Thanks for posting all, just to add here, in all of my memory in Phoenix AZ, there was no such thing as had happened today, the governor had declared a Curfew starting today at 8:00PM for a week or more. This is all to enable the local police and DPS, and now the called in National Guard to help reduce rioting and looting. This is state wide, and this is no joke, in Arizona! This is all due to a Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall being overrun yesterday night, by looters, and several buildings and business were burned. Scottsdale business leader had gone on TV, and had demanded action from the state, and had complained to the governor. This all happened in a very small location less then a mile square, local mall, in a very large metro area. So in response, the entire state is now under police curfew. Thanks a lot Scottsdale ! Arizona used to be riot resistant for a very long time, and other places on TV had this issue, not here. There were obviously other disasters and emergencies in the past, and National Guard was called up before as well, to assist before, but it was always localized to the area that had the problem, and as far as I can remember it was not the whole state. I sure do hope that cooler heads will prevail, and this curfew will pass into history as one of those odd and stupid thing that just happened, and is over. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy. Jim.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
WEEKS? Dude, did you know someone at the state transpo office? Our last rail movement to NTC was scheduled a YEAR out.
I was in the 101st Airborne at the time which is part of the RDF, much higher priority than a National Guard move.

Ft Campbell has its own rail staging areas as shown in this article. During my time there a number of railcars were prepostioned and were switched by Army operated locomotives. We didn't have to call a "state transpo office".

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Thanks for posting all, just to add here, in all of my memory in Phoenix AZ, there was no such thing as had happened today, the governor had declared a Curfew starting today at 8:00PM for a week or more. This is all to enable the local police and DPS, and now the called in National Guard to help reduce rioting and looting. This is state wide, and this is no joke, in Arizona! This is all due to a Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall being overrun yesterday night, by looters, and several buildings and business were burned. Scottsdale business leader had gone on TV, and had demanded action from the state, and had complained to the governor. This all happened in a very small location less then a mile square, local mall, in a very large metro area. So in response, the entire state is now under police curfew. Thanks a lot Scottsdale ! Arizona used to be riot resistant for a very long time, and other places on TV had this issue, not here. There were obviously other disasters and emergencies in the past, and National Guard was called up before as well, to assist before, but it was always localized to the area that had the problem, and as far as I can remember it was not the whole state. I sure do hope that cooler heads will prevail, and this curfew will pass into history as one of those odd and stupid thing that just happened, and is over. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy. Jim.
There was also some looting and burning in downtown Phoenix on Friday and Saturday. There were protesters downtown past 8pm last night (Sunday, the first night of the 8pn curfew) but I didn't check back to see if they were dispersed by police or by themselves. It was more than just Scottsdale.

I think the reason why Scottsdale was a trigger event is due to the residential areas adjoining the Fashion Square district. The police and governor don't want the inevitable to happen if the looting and pillaging spills over into a residential neighborhood in Arizona: bloodshed.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
On a more entertaining note, in Port Richmond, Philadelphia the old school members of the community came out and told the demonstrators you can demonstrate but not destroy our neighborhood so keep moving, They responded OK, We can respect that and moved on. The white teenagers from suburbia decided they would try to tear the place up after the demonstration moved on. The Old School residents gave them beatings, stripped them naked then chased them out of the neighborhood.

As for rail heading, I agree with Kirby and others. Anyone who has ever loaded armor on rail cars can attest to the time prepping. For the 1st Gulf War we spent over a month getting ready to rail head and deploy. My Battalion took 2 days? (Our load times were split) Just to load our vehicles. Its been so long my memory is fuzzy, think division standard was 3 days total but our Unit was still trained to reinforce Europe in case of Combloc invasion. That was nerve wracking acting as a "ground guide" as you walked backwards down each flat car as your track follows you with its treads extending over each side then spanning the gap to the next flat car. Vibrations of the rail car as your treads chunka chunka chunka, and the uneven wood surface. A unique experience.

Reactions: Rory

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
As for rail heading, I agree with Kirby and others. Anyone who has ever loaded armor on rail cars can attest to the time prepping. For the 1st Gulf War we spent over a month getting ready to rail head and deploy. My Battalion took 2 days? (Our load times were split) Just to load our vehicles. Its been so long my memory is fuzzy, think division standard was 3 days total but our Unit was still trained to reinforce Europe in case of Combloc invasion.
Division standard for the 101st was 36 hours for ground equipment. In the CH47 battalion I was in the standard was to have the C5As wheels up in 18 hours from the time the alert was issued. During that 18 hours we had to remove the rotors, engines and aft pylons from our aircraft and have all loaded on the C5s. We were given 19 hours on the other end to unload, reassembled and test fly the aircraft. This was something we practiced on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
We'll this is some crazy times we are living in. I just pray that we all can stay safe and no-one has to kill someone to protect their family or property, and God be with are law enforcement and national guard during these times.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
We were Armor, if Balloon went up a complete set of Divisional armor was in Germany waiting for us, in 3 days we were set to be on the ground there. For a rapid deployment It was suppossed to be three days railheaded and out. Again, this is almost 30 years ago so memory may not be the best.

As an afterthought, will those lawyerd be charged with weapons of mass destruction LOL?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I'm all the way on the northern border of Arizona and we just found out about the curfew today, our local sheriff and many other small town sheriffs have said they will not enforce the curfew,plus we are right on the border,are they going to shut down the border? What about all the tourist that are heading to Lake Powell from California,are they going to be arrested?
I can understand doing this in the cities,but state wide was quite a reach.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts