1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some time to go to the local militaria show today and had the pleasure of seeing this piece. Being a serious worshiper at the church of John Moses Browning, I wanted it more than words can describe but it far exceeded my budget. Suffice to say it changed hands for several thousand more than I could have offered. Enjoy...

Val4.jpg

Val2.jpg

070.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,055 Posts
Thanks for posting this Rick what a great piece of history I can only imagine what the price was.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I took some time to go to the local militaria show today and had the pleasure of seeing this piece. Being a serious worshiper at the church of John Moses Browning, I wanted it more than words can describe but it far exceeded my budget. Suffice to say it changed hands for several thousand more than I could have offered. Enjoy...

View attachment 13365

View attachment 13366

View attachment 13367
That is so cool, It's also 1 of my biggest collection habits. Ever since they started the Machine Gun Memorabilia in MGN and SAR, I have been collecting anything with MG or a pic of a MG on it. Robert Segal from SAR mag is an expert in this area and has an outstanding collection. Wonder if he got it.

Troy

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Nice item

Very nice find, seldom see as much as a picture around here. Wondering if this was Hartford Connecticut? What a change 100 years makes.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
WOW... really neat Browning item! To bad you couldn't afford it. Did anyone notice the M1917 is on Vickers tripod?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Nice. I was in the same building with Val Browning, once, possibly twice. I had tried to arrange to meet him, but I couldn't find the right strings to pull. This was back in the early to mid 1980s, but the facility I was at bears his name still. That was my past life in the theater biz. I was on stage, and he was in the house. Have not been back to Ogden since that time, and I really need to make the pilgrimage!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts