1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One nice thing about being young and dumb, I get to do all kinds of stupid stuff and nobody really gives a super hard time about it. Getting married this September so I figure I should get the last of my belt fed building out of the way for a good long while. Always wanted a .50 from a young age, something magical about that oh so sweet report. Having built a 1919, SGMT, and MG 42/53/1/3, the .50 should be my next step.

Sent the first payment out to Christos for a Classic Semi Kit and paid KMP for a plate and semi parts. Fortunately the wife to be has been supportive thus far and she even has an idea about what I've spent. Only another 3.5k or to go. Looking forward to getting some parts on the bench in the near future, kind of the calm before the storm.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Here's to hoping you have a smooth build with no hang ups!
I've wanted one since forever too. :)

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Notice.... to young folks about to get married

There are few women who do not try to 'change ' their new husbands. My advice to all those who plan on getting married....
1)-Do not sell your Harley,Jaguar,Indian,military armor or military vehicles
2)-Do not sell your guns...or tools...any of them...PERIOD.
3)-Tell her you are the man of the house and it is your job to provide security.... and her job to learn how to shoot every gun in the house
to defend herself.
4)-If there is any dispute about the above rules....tell her to hit the door and don't come back.

This may sound a bit out of line today...but I set the rules of the house almost 50 yrs ago. My lovely wife,after 20+yrs of marriage only tried once...one time only....to have me do the above things. I pointed at the front door and told her if she did not like the way things were,to hit the door and not look back. Nary a word since. She did not work outside the house,everything was paid for and the kids were all grown. Been married nearly 48 yrs....to the same woman....LOL.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good advice mate, thanks for the wisdom. She hasn't yet tried anything outlandish but time will certainly tell!

Side note, Christos is a fudging super nice guy. I'll tell you one thing, the Browning community as a whole never ceases to amaze me how kick ass everyone is. All AR-15 and AK guys do is bicker about who has the nicest piece of kit. Browning guys bend over backwards to help each other out.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
You are absolutely right abut Christos being a super nice guy. It would be hard to find a nicer person (except in this group - there are a number of equals to Christos in that category) :)

Congrat's Len - I just stumbled through #45 with the same woman a couple of weeks ago. I think I finally have her molded into right where I want her. :D

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Music not to play at your wedding

Brad Paisley's "I'm gonna miss her. Lookie here I gotta bite."

Smaller group and yes, willing to help and share information without the drama.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Lol I'm in the same boat. Been meaning to contact Christo about a payment plan for a m2hb .50 kit, but still behind 8 ball from my heart issue in January, and wife knows the combo to the vault and can surprisingly weild my b.a.r. like a pro

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congratulations on the .50 lots of fun to build and shoot, take your time it will come together. Same with the wife to be congratulations. I'm still on my first one, 32 yrs, she cant get rid of me although my guns can push her to the limits at times. Its hard to sneak an M2HB with a mount into the safe without them noticing
She gets over it and she will go shoot with us some. (She's the Boss most of the time and I don't mind confessing to it) :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Part started coming in this week. KMP as always did amazing on there pieces. Waiting on parts from Sarco and trying to get Christos paid off.

Does anyone by chance know where I might get an aircraft barrel?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I am trying to import some LH M2 plates I contacted the BATF about a form 6 and they said I first need to obtain re transfer authorization from the U.S. State Dept. Anybody here ever done that ?

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
...parts...?

Thought that parts were just that...parts. A LHSP needs to have an OK to get into the US...? O,well....contact Christos,as hew brings in stuff all the time.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I am trying to import some LH M2 plates I contacted the BATF about a form 6 and they said I first need to obtain re transfer authorization from the U.S. State Dept. Anybody here ever done that ?
Yes, it was a PITA. I think the jest of it is - they gave a bunch of stuff to foreign militaries, and they sold a bunch of stuff to foreign militaries. The stuff they sold can come back, but not the stuff that was given as military assistance. For one import (battle field pick-up) I had to have many photos taken to prove there were no foreign acceptance marks. The guy I worked with at State was a good guy (and a gun guy), but it just takes a while. MSG

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anyone been able to contact Christos. I paid off my kit in February. Last time I talked to him was the end of April. He said he would be packing things and I should get a tracking number shortly. He has been doing pretty bad with the medical issues hes had. Now with the stock market and banks in Greece I hope he is doing alright.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I also chatted with him last week. He is doing better, back stateside. He had been waylaid while in Greece for a bit because of medical issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Part started coming in this week. KMP as always did amazing on there pieces. Waiting on parts from Sarco and trying to get Christos paid off.

Does anyone by chance know where I might get an aircraft barrel?
Look at the post just above this one that guy said he will be selling one.
http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?52793-M3AC-to-M2HB-questions

I got a brand new one on E what ever that site is for $150.00 not long ago. keep a watch there there are a few sellers that list on there occasionally

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anyone know where I can get a set of Tanker style bucking wedges? Fixing to send payment two to Christos and I'd like to get my box riveted here soon.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts