1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well , friends , it's come the time that I'll have to thin the herd .
My two Stingers , which are still " non - guns " due to no right semi side plates , are up for sale .
Here is a thread with lots of the build history and pictures :
http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?46159-Some-Things-That-Are-Old&highlight=anm2

I'm asking $3,000 per gun plus shipping / ins. from 85365 . I have over $1,500 per gun in the conversion parts / labor alone .

Thanks for looking , first two " I'll take one " gets them .
Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
Call me

Well , friends , it's come the time that I'll have to thin the herd .
My two Stingers , which are still " non - guns " due to no right semi side plates , are up for sale .
Here is a thread with lots of the build history and pictures :
http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?46159-Some-Things-That-Are-Old&highlight=anm2

I'm asking $3,000 per gun plus shipping / ins. from 85365 . I have over $1,500 per gun in the conversion parts / labor alone .

Thanks for looking , first two " I'll take one " gets them .
Chris
Can you call me. I would like to buy one but need a few minutes of your time to talk to you about them and the shipping .
239-209-0544 Thanks Dave

·
Premium Member
6,044 Posts
Chris I hate that you have to sell these as I know how much effort you put into them and after holding a fa transferable in my hands today I really want one now!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Second one SPF to Karl_T .
Rocky is next if one of these falls through .
Thanks to the buyers and all that's looked .

After these are checked and packaged and the gut kit sold , I'll post what few spare parts I have left on a new thread . I know I have three barrels that are new inside but rusted / pitted outside and somewhere I have the front and rear sights that came off the plane and the remote charging cables , too .

Thanks again , Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
Second one SPF to Karl_T .
Rocky is next if one of these falls through .
Thanks to the buyers and all that's looked .

After these are checked and packaged and the gut kit sold , I'll post what few spare parts I have left on a new thread . I know I have three barrels that are new inside but rusted / pitted outside and somewhere I have the front and rear sights that came off the plane and the remote charging cables , too .

Thanks again , Chris
Chris,

Funds are on the way for the first Stinger. You should have them on Monday, at least that's what the Postal Clerk said.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
USPS tracking says you'll get my funds on Monday, also.

I think I may have screwed up the PM system by trying to add to a PM from the "sent" folder. Sorry 'bout that.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All funds recieved and davnad's shipped and KarlT's ready to go this afternoon.
Thanks to all who've looked , made offers , as well as bought .
Merry Christmas to all .
Happy Hanukka to our Jewish friends.
Chris

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Xmas came a day early this year.

BEST packed weapon I've ever received. Put it together and have one extra part, a little washer in the pic. Where's it go? WAY better than finding a lot of stuff missing - that's what normally happens when I inspect a new kit.

I'm curious, what's the purpose of the plate that bolts over the charge handle slot?

If anyone out there has pics of the cut out portion of the RSP, I'd be grateful. Especially how the top cover fits the RSP. With this style demil of the RSP, not much guess work here.

Job 1 is design of a semi fire control. Doesn't look to be a difficult job at all. Plenty of room to do a sliding "T" like on KMPs 1919. Doesn't need to be a "T" as you push up to release the sear, not down like on the 1919. So, only a small hook is needed to catch and spring forward on the bolt's return to battery.

THANK YOU so much for this very fine and rare kit.

Karl

Attachments

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The washer is a slop remover between the reciever and the bi-pod / carry handle / can unit .
I would figure the right plate would fit like the left .
The bolt on side bracket holds a remote charging slide ( see my spare parts ad ) so that a small stud replaces the charging handle . Used in aircraft and such to charge the weapon from the rear rather than crawling out of the cockpit or over the side of the ship .

My packing is why the baggage ape from years past is no longer seen.

Thanks all , Chris

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dave , I built this for semi auto only . If you do use it in full auto , I would think it best to glass bed the stock . I was thinking about doing that anyway . Maybe tap the underside of the stock plate and install bolts or "T" handles to go down into the bedding or maybe relieve the wood at the front so it's away from the backplate a hair and bed it so the rear of the buffer housing transfers the recoil to the thick part of the stock .

If you do break it , 30calmachinegunner can make another from a cheep stock that's messed up ahead of the mag area .

Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts