1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I like my 1914 Hotchkiss so much, I decided to get another one. This weekend I went to go pick up the accessories from the deal. Along the way I stopped to have breakfast with a fellow forum member. Sir, you are truly a Champion. It was great to see you. I had a great time visiting. After hours of driving I arrived at the owners house, I got to see the gun and pick up accessories. The gun is typical, missing some bluing from years and what’s left is starting to brown from age. Still beautiful. True to form It functions perfectly. I love these guns. It came with:
Omnibus tripod (unrestored)
2 Strip carrier boxes full of strips
Strip loader in box
Spare barrel (7.65 Belgian, I got to pick)
Spare bolt (7.65 Belgian)
Firing pin
4 articulated belts in the box (Turk 8mm Mauser)

Wow! I left this gentleman’s house on cloud 9. After a few more hours of driving I stopped to visit another fellow forum member. I got to shoot a Chauchat. Very fun. He says “ya know, I’ve got quite a bit of ammo on Hotchkiss strips, if you take off all the ammo, you can take the strips.” Then this man put me to work. When I was done, I had a box of 8mm Lebel strips and Turk 8mm Mauser half strips. You Sir, are also a champion. Thank you. I love to be generous in my deals and I appreciate when people are generous back. What a great group of guys. What a fun weekend.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Whatever you do, don't get Mike started on another caliber conversion!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :D

It was good to see you too. One of a very few people I'd drive 5-hours round trip to have breakfast with. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Whatever you do, don't get Mike started on another caliber conversion!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :D

It was good to see you too. One of a very few people I'd drive 5-hours round trip to have breakfast with. ;)
I could have guessed you had something to do with this lol. Mike I am glad you got it and now you have one more project. It will only take you what about 5 minutes to get everything done this time? You are making us look bad moving this fast are you sure you weren't hanging out with Dolf more at the SAR show?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope! Only met Dolf once. Id like to visit again some time. You too. As far as caliber conversions for the Hotchkiss. So far I have
8mm Lebel
8mm Mauser
7mm Mauser
7.65 Belgian
And I’m waiting on a .308/7.62 NATO barrel too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts