1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came from Sarco's website/Machineguns- and saw: Mig-21 cockpit $15.000..."[ATF] will not allow import of military aircraft...."

"I AM depressed" (Slim Pickens in Blazing Saddles)

Has anyone on the 1919a4 site ever heard of anyone getting shot by a cockpit?!...Raped by a rudder?-- F--ked by a fuselage?--Buggered by a bomb sight?? HOLY S--T! Where will this end?!:eek:

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." (Somebody smarter than me said that.)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
fighter planes

On the movie "pearl harbor" if you look in the back ground of the english channel scenes ,,,,,, that's actually LA and the channel islands :confused: .... the Atf told the producers of the movie that any ww2 fighters shipped to England for the film would NOT be allowed to be "reimported" w out new form 6 papers ,,,, and they wheren't going to process them any way :( .......... alot of this is fallout from the movie rental guy that built a couple of old colbra gun ships from junk that he bought from the drmo scrap auctions..... but 60yr old Spitfires and CASA 109's???????? there was a lawsuit over this and the atf lost in a heart beat.... I guess their back to their old tricks :eek:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Well the problem here is that I could take that Mig 21 cockpit and modify it to fit inside my Cessna 182.I would then be able to pull 6+ g's.The Govt knows this and is trying to make it impossible to for us to do that.:p

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
A lot of guys have brought in a lot of military aircraft. They are on the U.S. Munitions Import List, which means yet another specific registration (more fees), but it can be done.

MSG

·
Registered
116 Posts
What I don't understand is how the ATF can regulate ANY aircraft. I don't see the word 'aircraft' in BATFE. I thought aircraft were regulated by the FAA. Now the Guns ON the aircraft, yes. I'll have to do some research in the Warbird world to see what the validity of this is. I'll be back shortly.........

·
Registered
61 Posts
The import/export of military items other than firearms is controlled by the State Department. Check with some of the military vehicle sites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts