1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I needed some play money so I went out to the yard and drug some stuff in to list on epay, two WW2 half-track combat rims, which sold quickly, I arraigned shipping and the guy sent the shipping cost through paypal, then yesterday I was looking at what I had left and how much I was going to owe ebay for listing fees and something didn't ad up,so I went to my account details and found out that ebay was taking part of the shipping fee as my total on the sale! I don't mind paying them for money that I make but that's just plain stealing to take a cut of the shipping cost! I have never charged a handling fee or packing fee, just the straight cost of mailing an item. Maybe now that they shed paypal the figure they aren't getting enough of your money. So now you don't only pay them to list your item and pay payapl to handle the money but they charge you when you get paid to ship something! I'm going to start charging a 10% handing fee on all my shipment and tell people in the ad that it's because ebay is screwing us sellers,even more then usual. I really have to find a better way to sell stuff!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
They have been including the shipping charge as part of the sale for some time.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yea, just bump up your shipping price. You can thank some "clever" sellers out there. If IRIC, to avoid sales costs, people were selling items for $1, with $99 shipping. So now eBay the includes shipping costs in their fees.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
That's fleabay's hint that they want ALL sellers to offer no charge shipping. As said, just bump up the price if you're using BIN, otherwise for auctions you will probably have to eat the shipping cost. Not good on heavy stuff like rims. :mad:

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shipping

I was talking to my dad about this and he suggested that on large shipping cost items to have the buyer send a check separately,shipping on the two rims was $160,so losing $15 bucks from that cuts further into my profit!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
In the last 2 months Ive moved about 1K in surplus goods on Ebay.....about 7 moderate transactions. I was pretty pissed when after it was all said and done, I owed about 80 bucks in fees. While it sounded high, I realized thats just under 10%..........

Ill gladly pay 10% to get rid of my stuff and not deal with the morons on Craigslist.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ebay

My problem is I'm in the middle of NO WHERES, we are an hour away from the nearest WalMart, so it's kind of hard to sell the kind of goofy stuff I usually sell, not that many people restoring half-tracks in the area,or deuce and half"s,I just don't have the access to money that you would in major city, but then on the other hand I don't have to lock my doors or take the keys out of my vehicles,or worry about my kids every time they leave the house, and we are within an hour of 5 national parks, so there are trade offs,I just wish it wasn't getting harder all the time to make a little extra play money!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts