1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was shopping for a 5hp rotary converter to power my new-ish metal lathe. Found a nice new one. Clicked on 'Buy it now' expecting to get to My Cart to see if coupons would apply,,, right?
It went directly to a new, 'Commit To Buy' page. Legally binding. No chance to apply or attempt to apply "cyber Monday' coupons. No chance to calculate shipping, etc. What The Hell is that about???
If that's a permanent change, I'll NEVER go back there. Screw that. :mad:

I think they were pissing themselves over what should have been a positive response from shoppers. Over thirty thousand had applied that coupon with around 30% success. Cheap bitches.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
It went directly to a new, 'Commit To Buy' page. Legally binding. No chance to apply or attempt to apply "cyber Monday' coupons. No chance to calculate shipping, etc.
I had the same thing with an IMA purchase—not that I buy a lot from IMA.......

·
Registered
233 Posts
If memory serves, when you click buy it now you are taken to a confirm or commit to buy page. Kind of an 'Are you sure?' type page. You can still back out or close the page with no consequence at that point.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I've never understood that coupon page on ebay. Where do you even get coupons for that site?
It's called , Retailmenot. Disregard the 'forbidden' by Yahoo thingie.
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LE...not.com//RK=0/RS=pKxBqwWHzjWpGtFXTLNk17_FSms-

One of the coolest money savers around the web. Other than just staying off the web, period. :D
Open the site, and type in the name of the outfit you're buying from. Not all sites are listed, but many are.

Just got 25% off site wide, with free shipping from Enco. They already had a free shipping thing going, but that 25% shoved it over the top for me. Hell yes!!! :):)

·
Registered
391 Posts
it's http://www.retailmenot.com/:thanks:

It's called , Retailmenot. Disregard the 'forbidden' by Yahoo thingie.
http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LE...not.com//RK=0/RS=pKxBqwWHzjWpGtFXTLNk17_FSms-

One of the coolest money savers around the web. Other than just staying off the web, period. :D
Open the site, and type in the name of the outfit you're buying from. Not all sites are listed, but many are.

Just got 25% off site wide, with free shipping from Enco. They already had a free shipping thing going, but that 25% shoved it over the top for me. Hell yes!!! :):)

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I use retailmenot, slickguns, etcs occasionally to look for discounts but the discussion was specifically about ebay and I'm still not seeing any general coupons for ebay. I buy a lot of crap I don't need off ebay so would love to save a few bucks but since sellers are independent, and unless they individually are offering coupons, I don't see how an "ebay" coupon would work other than ebay perhaps discounting their fees?

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ran the Rotary Converter through the cart instead this time. The coupon box was there. The one I wanted to use was expired, of course. Nuts. There were several other Ebay coupons, but none I could apply.

As to how they work? Probably the loss is absorbed by the site itself. Good will advertising and such.
Either way, It's gonna be shipped soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts