1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I've not been out there, but always wanted to. There were a couple of regulars on this forum- guys who have not been here for some years- who used to do that event every year. I don't know if they still do, but they spoke very highly of it. If I were able to pull off my move to Texas by that time, I'd probably head up there, but I'll still be in Oregon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^
Well dern. I do hope to see & shoot w you at some point. I still really appreciate the 1919 help you gave me at da crik a couple yes ago.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
^^^^
Well dern. I do hope to see & shoot w you at some point. I still really appreciate the 1919 help you gave me at da crik a couple yes ago.
Yeah, we had fun running all around the Pole Barn that evening, lol. Definitely have to do some shooting together one day!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Wife and I will be there. Been shooting there for about 10 years. We go for recreational shooting, not rentals. Sometimes we bring friends or family, but this year it will be just us. We will rent time on the guns if they are running well, but not doing it for profit. the shoot does require minimum pricing on rentals. We are pretty much in the middle of the range, about #48-50 (changes some years) but have the two spots with the two large silver 12x20 canopies over it. Stop in and say hi. Will have the M2HB, M249, M60s, 1910 Maxim, and 1919s. Sort of depends on how much energy I have to load and haul stuff.

Brian

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Wife and I will be there. Been shooting there for about 10 years. We go for recreational shooting, not rentals. Sometimes we bring friends or family, but this year it will be just us. We will rent time on the guns if they are running well, but not doing it for profit. the shoot does require minimum pricing on rentals. We are pretty much in the middle of the range, about #48-50 (changes some years) but have the two spots with the two large silver 12x20 canopies over it. Stop in and say hi. Will have the M2HB, M249, M60s, 1910 Maxim, and 1919s. Sort of depends on how much energy I have to load and haul stuff.

Brian
And that's the reason we quit going after two years. We didn't agree with the pricing structure (way too high). They told us to remove our "lower priced" cardboard ad and fall into line or stop renting mags/belts. Got kinda pissed that someone should dictate what we do with OUR ammo and started GIVING away mags and belts. Wife sez we don't go back and that was that. We ran into the same thing at the Southern Ohio machine-gun shoots in June. We unassed that shoot as well.

We now officially just give away ammo to those who have never shot a machine-gun, but graciously accept whatever they want to give IF they offer it. We don't mention anything about $$. We do this at the Eden shoots in Vermont, Marietta Shoot in Ohio, the Creek, and hopefully the upcoming Zanesville shoots in Ohio.

It really hams my biscuits to be told what to charge for noobs to shoot my stuff.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And that's the reason we quit going after two years. We didn't agree with the pricing structure (way too high).

It really hams my biscuits to be told what to charge for noobs to shoot my stuff.
Crap. Those dynamics I don't like at all either. Not that I'm going up there to rent out shoot time on my transferables anyway when I'm on vacation at one of the few shoots I get time off to attend that's within driving range. I guess they dont want informal shooter non dealer/non sponsor guys like us undercutting and "taking bidness" from those COMPANIES that attend and are there primarily to generate profit. Just guessing as Ive never been to OFAST. I don't recall any of that nonsense at KC (bottom range) or Big Sandy though.

I do like Shattered'd approach though. Chances are I'll let some select folks shoot some of my crap...but only if I feel like it and not to make a profit. But yeah it'd be nice to allow shooters to at least cover the cost of the ammo they consume. Duh.

I got an idea. I'll have a table set up.... prospective shooter can load mags and link ammo for shoot time. hahaha. Well, that wont work either bc I'll be all linked/loaded up upon arrival.

·
Registered
9 Posts
And that's the reason we quit going after two years. We didn't agree with the pricing structure (way too high). They told us to remove our "lower priced" cardboard ad and fall into line or stop renting mags/belts. Got kinda pissed that someone should dictate what we do with OUR ammo and started GIVING away mags and belts. Wife sez we don't go back and that was that. We ran into the same thing at the Southern Ohio machine-gun shoots in June. We unassed that shoot as well.

We now officially just give away ammo to those who have never shot a machine-gun, but graciously accept whatever they want to give IF they offer it. We don't mention anything about $$. We do this at the Eden shoots in Vermont, Marietta Shoot in Ohio, the Creek, and hopefully the upcoming Zanesville shoots in Ohio.

D'oh! Planning on going to OFAST this summer for my first MG shoot. That really stinks about the mandated pricing minimums!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts